Lost another one, local to Cbus

madcat6183

http://www.nbc4i.com/story/25228596/west-side-crash-kills-one-along-i-70-freeway-closed

People, if you're going to street ride, remember, it's still April, it's still Ohio, it;s still a state filled with dickhole drivers.  Wait another few weeks until people get over the whole winter and rain bullshit driving.

Hate seeing this, but at this rate, we're going to set a new, terrible record.  

Remember to also not ride like a dickhole, seen too many guys on sportbikes this week acting like they are Rossi on I270, when in fact at any given time it'd be game over.  Ride within your limits, and ride within the law, and don't be a dickhole.  That goes for cruisers, sport bikes, duals, wtf ever you'r riding.

Oh and don't be stupid and go hit Hocking this weekend, please...  I didn't even waste my time on that thread if it exists which I am sure it does, because last year I straight told dudes it was too early and they'd wreck.  Person A told me I was wrong, person A wrecked, believe totaled his shit.  It's not riding season yet, sorry.

RIP rider.

• Upvote 2

Sorry to disagree. I have been riding since beginning of the year. I don't bother winterizing my bike. You definitely make some good points. But just like a bitch is gonna bitch, a squid is gonna squid. There are responsible people, and there are irresponsible people. The season is a secondary factor at best. I have been cut off at the same rate in July as the rate in January.

RIP Rider.

Edited by Connie14
  • Upvote 3

+1 on shit road conditions and traction. But I actually feel like people notice a bike more mid winter than in summer. They always take a double take when it 35° and a bike is coming like they saw a unicorn or leprechaun, or a leprechaun riding a unicorn.

• Upvote 2

I think its that wreck that happened on the west side of Columbus I heard about.  I rode my bike 270 north from Georgesville to get onto 70 east and was closed completely off and were redirecting traffic to 270 north and south.  It's ashame, don't like hearing bad news like that.  

But I actually feel like people notice a bike more mid winter than in summer.

That is if they see the bike.  Until it gets warmer,

they are not expecting to see a bike and therefore

are not looking for it.  So, be extra careful because

if they happen to see you, it's not because they

were trying to.

RIP rider. It doesn't matter what time of year. We all need to drive as though no one sees you. If you're going to ride reckless, pick good spots. We all know we can have moments of just wanting to rip the throttle or bring it up on one wheel. It's choosing the 'safest' places and times to do it. It may not be safe, but if you can tame your urges and find good spots, you can still have fun and be as safe as possible while doing it.

Everyone be safe out there. We all know the risks of placing that leg over the seat.

Lastly, ATGATT.

That is all.