Epic Ride - May 18th NE Ohio Meetup and Ride Down

DerekClouser

As more posts for other areas start arising, I figured it would be a good time to get this thread going. 

Meet Places: 

Time Meet at 7am, Kickstands up no later than 7:15am. -   BP at 71 & 83  --- 
  10134 Avon Lake Rd

Burbank, OH 44214
Coordinates: 40.996158, -81.996600

Time TBD: Coshocton - Marathon Gas station off 83.

The Lodi and Millersburg routes will probably be pickup spots without a real stop. So if you are meeting at those locations, be ready around the time so when we come by, you can just jump in the group without having us stop. Coshocton stop will be a full stop for fuel and leg stretch, coffee, breakfast, etc. 

A few of my buddies and I plan to do this ride this weekend to get a good idea on time and run the route to make sure the roads are all good and nothing surprising has changed from last year. 

Jim, do you mind leading the group down again, if you are attending? 

Post if you are planning on joining the meetup to ride down together to the Logan meetup spot.

People Meeting in Lodi: 
DerekClouser
whaler
wolfman1
talltracy
330racing
jd724
Mike53Ali
jschaf (lead)

jhawk

Maybe:
Jstump

Maybe:
Bad324

Tpoppa

Edited by DerekClouser

I can meet at the bp off 71.  that's near the lodi outlet stores right?

Yes it is. I'll see you there.  

Like I said in the OP, we plan on doing the exact route from Akron to Logan, then doing the route this weekend, so we should have a good idea on time frame of when we will be leaving the 71 BP that day after this weekend. I'm thinking right at 7am. 

Edited by DerekClouser

Jim, do you mind leading the group down again, if you are attending? 

I do plan on attending. I don't mind leading the Northeast crew, If someone else wants to that's fine too. I'll keep my eye on this thread.

What is the route you will be traveling. A couple people I am meeting up with on the way are from Medina. Maybe we can organize something were they can also meetup with you guys and I can join up somewhere along the ride. I will be traveling on 70 westbound till Zanesville and then taking 93 down to logan unless you have other suggestions.

Derek, I live just outside Logan off 93 (Till Road) I am getting ready to pick up a new 2013 Z1000(May-Jun) and will be switching over to this forum for Info. Personally I feel the Adventure stuff has run it's course. YMMV. I am old and comfortably fast/safe with 44Y road riding under my ever increasing girth. You mention riding this weekend down to Logan and doing a test loop for your upcoming ride. Would it be possible for me to tag along (sweep) your group. I can meet you at your rally point. If not , no problem. Brian 

Derek, I live just outside Logan off 93 (Till Road) I am getting ready to pick up a new 2013 Z1000(May-Jun) and will be switching over to this forum for Info. Personally I feel the Adventure stuff has run it's course. YMMV. I am old and comfortably fast/safe with 44Y road riding under my ever increasing girth. You mention riding this weekend down to Logan and doing a test loop for your upcoming ride. Would it be possible for me to tag along (sweep) your group. I can meet you at your rally point. If not , no problem. Brian

You are more than welcome to meet up with us. Pm your number and we can contact you when we are close.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still debating doing this or borrowing a trailer from my dad or cousin, will likely depend on the weather and outcome of what the doc has to say about my hand

Ride down with us... A good time will be had by all.

If jamal doesn't finish his trailer in time I may have to join this group. Brian, I was also thinking about staying over in cbus, maybe we can split a room? (No homo). Hope your hand is healed up by then.

I think me staying in CBUS is out now. My friend I was going to hang out with has a bachelor party up in PIB that weekend and won't be around. My hand is a curious one at this point because 2 years ago I broke and dislocated my thumb. For whatever reason my hand would start to go numb after riding long distances but the last 2 times out it's done it within 15 minutes so I don't know what it going on with it
  • Downvote 1

Anyone know if you will have a fuel stop around I-70. Also about what time will you be in that area.

No fuel stop, but there is an exit at 668 and I70. I will satalite view to see if there is a meet point close. 9:00 to 9:30 would me my guess for time we are rolling through.

Meet time will be at 7am in Lodi - Would like to be on the road at that time - Should be through Wooster by 7:30 on route 83 (where it starts to finally get fun) and then hopefully should give us plenty of time to get down there.   This also leaves a little more time for those who aren't quite as fast and in case something happens and someone is running a bit late.