Huge pothole...

KZ Kari

Pothole, sinkhole, whatever...

I take this road to/from work each day. It sounds like it collapsed roughly two hours after I drove over it.

It's one of the few roads along the way that has a couple good curves to it. Pretty bummed it'll be closed for who knows how long. Looks like I'll need to do a little exploring. 

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2014/04/04/granville-south-york-road-sinkhole.html

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure it's going to take a while. They have to get permits, inspections, blah blah blah. Last report I heard said it could take up to a year before the road is open again. 

And lol. They didn't have the orange mesh fence up when we went there. When we were leaving (from the opposite side), a car pulled up loaded with 5 people going to check it out also. A guy who lives in a house right there was on his porch, on the phone; I'm pretty confident he was talking with the police. I'm guessing that's why they put the fencing up. So if you do go to check it out again, make sure you go at the same side you did last time. Not that I'd be too concerned with the sheriff rushing out to the middle of no where, for something that petty. 

Edited by KZ Kari

What would possess someone to call the cops because some people came to look at a sinkhole? That's...just...messed up.

Some people are just dicks like that?

It could just have been my guilty conscience from walking around the big ROAD CLOSED signs, that made me believe the guy was talking to the police, but his body language told me that he was not happy and his attention was on us. In 10 minutes time he had 3 vehicles parked in front of his home, and 7 random people walking around these signs going to check out this "sinkhole" that is very close, if not part of, his property. 

• 1 year later...