short ride today.

Jhaynes08

Started my bike for the first time this year after letting it sit in the driveway exposed to the sun for about 45 minutes. First shot it fired right up, good thing too. i didn't feel like pulling the carbs.  Then took it for a ride from the middle of my drive back into the garage. The roads got salted in my area again and i don't want all that crap on my bike. So how's your season starting off?

I pulled the ugly bike out of the garage and rode to work this morning. It was about 28 degrees outside and I was very comfortable on my commute. If you're on the fence about heated gear... don't put it off a day longer. Just buy it. Save yourself the regret of not having done it sooner. This was my first experience and I was pretty amazed at the whole ordeal.

What kind of gear did you get?

Sent from my iPhone.

I pulled the ugly bike out of the garage and rode to work this morning. It was about 28 degrees outside and I was very comfortable on my commute. If you're on the fence about heated gear... don't put it off a day longer. Just buy it. Save yourself the regret of not having done it sooner. This was my first experience and I was pretty amazed at the whole ordeal.

for me its just the amount of salt on the road. i dont feel like scrubbing my bike down in the cold after a ride. ive ridden in the cold ( about 35 or so) and i wish i had heated gear. but that was last year and im looking forward to a slightly newer machine this year if/when my bike sells. 

I've gotten out like 3 times so far, two of the days were beautiful, and the third was just a little wet in the morning, not to bad tho for 430 am tho, the rest of that day very windy. I've probably got like 120 miles so far.

I definitely want some heat gear tho! Got my bike in October and rode til early December, yea once I was out in the 30's four or five times I had enough lol.

Sent from my PI39100 using Tapatalk

Damn good thing it rained today or you would have seen me on the news for killing weathermen/women. They said rain yesterday so I didn't ride, no rain. The said rain today, so I didn't ride. If it wasn't raining I'd be killing them. I don't mind cold, don't mind rain. But cold and rain suck.

Sunday looks very promising.

• Upvote 1

I rode Monday despite the sloppy roads (my bike paid the price...it was trashed!).  I also rode Tuesday.  Quick wash yesterday on my ZX14 (still doesnt look great), and rode the Buell a bit to make sure it was ready for the guy to pick it up today :)

Damn good thing it rained today or you would have seen me on the news for killing weathermen/women. They said rain yesterday so I didn't ride, no rain. The said rain today, so I didn't ride. If it wasn't raining I'd be killing them. I don't mind cold, don't mind rain. But cold and rain suck.

Sunday looks very promising.

Tomorrow does look like a good ride to work day. Edited by redrocket04