Man ruins stepfather’s motorcycle ‘in rage’ after getting Xbox shut off

Casper

what I was thinking... "Petulant child throws fit"

how do you flood a car into a motorcycle?

>> ...“then flooded his Maxima into the motorcycle,

pushing it into the garage and all the way into the

wall of the garage.”

It's my guess that they meant "flooring" the gas

pedal.

Meh, not so much that it needs to be supported today but more that it simply worked for me.  Then again, my folks didn't just beat my ass and go on about their business, there was a lot of explaining as to why I was getting a whoopin' and why my actions cost what they did -- so there was always a lesson learned, but the ass kickin was just to put a stamp on it. 

And, like you said.....your parents hit you from time to time, and it did teach you not to repeat the mistake.....so you learned the same way, but "because I said so" is no lesson, they should've explained to you the differences

Agree.  Typically it was a smack to the back of the head followed by getting yelled at with no explanation.  Thats not parenting.

Beatings are always a last resort, and they are not effective if the parent sucks at the rest of the parenting skills. I think those of us that mention beatings forget all the other things we are doing. We pay attention to what they are doing, we are consistent with them. Yes means yes and no means no, always. The one time I beat mine which I mentioned above was the only time. But what it teaches, if done correctly is that serious f' ups have serious consequences. Even doing all of the above correctly there is still a good chance the the child will go way over the line, you need something in your back pocket to let them know what happens. A beating works really well. And to be clear, I didn't really beat him. I tackled him, sat on him and shook his shoulders and yelled a lot. But in his terrified mind it was a beating, and it worked.

See, Im actually OK with that.

19 and he throws a little bitch fit like that, stepdad  must be a major pussy. Quick as I said no my dad would have got out the boxing gloves and tuned my ass up. And why didn't Harley dude stop juniors tantrum at the cost of his bike, maybe he didn't have time to put on his do-rag and fingerless gloves. Cant be a proper badass with out right gear. Chalk this one up one bigpussy raising another. 

• Upvote 1

My mom would have made me sit in a cell and think about my actions. When I got out, she would have made me pay the insurance deductibles and anything else to make it right.

Same here.  My parents told me the day I turned 18 that if I got arrested, not to call them asking for them to post bail.

19 and he throws a little bitch fit like that, stepdad  must be a major pussy. Quick as I said no my dad would have got out the boxing gloves and tuned my ass up. And why didn't Harley dude stop juniors tantrum at the cost of his bike, maybe he didn't have time to put on his do-rag and fingerless gloves. Cant be a proper badass with out right gear. Chalk this one up one bigpussy raising another. 

Probably another one of those suburban outlaws who watches too much SOA.

He said he "acted out" and was "in a rage"...  I'm sorry, these are words used by bad parents to dismiss the bad behavior of their young children.  I'm not an advocate of "beating" children, but I do believe in the adage "spare the rod, spoil the child".  Junior is on a fast track to being a permanent guest of the state.

This. It's obvious he was kind of "created" to be the way he is.

Two things:

1) People coming *off* anti-anxiety or anti-depression medication are generally far more unstable than people that have never taken them. My ex, who was a fairly put-together woman, took anti-anxiety medication in college because she'd have panic attacks before almost every test. She stopped taking them after we graduated and for the next 3 months she was *all* over the charts. She'd break down in Macy's when she'd see a child crying, she'd laugh like a maniac over dumb jokes, and sometimes she'd just get depressed for a few hours and couldn't figure out why. It took awhile for her to even back out.

2) I'm surprised the Harley took that much damage. They're made with the idea in mind that their owners will probably drop them many times, being Harley riders  :bikefall: