NESBA - done. N2 track days taking over operations

redkow97

just read the release on NESBA's facebook page.

NESBA is ceasing operations.  Most people here are aware that I have always been a fan of NESBA's events.  I've also really liked a lot of their staff and management team.  That said, I have always felt as though they treat their "club members" as second-class citizens, keeping a lot of things secret for whatever reason.

N2 will retain a lot of the NESBA volunteers, which is a good thing.  I think this might be a great re-boot of what was once a really awesome organization.  I'm familiar with two of the names on the N2 management team, and if they're any indication of the rest of the management group, N2 is in great hands.

Seems like they're concentrating on NJMP, Road Atlanta, and other Eastern tracks for the time being.  We'll see if they move back into PIRC in the future.

yeah, when I started doing track days in 2008, NESBA was at BeaveRun at least once a month.  Usually more like twice a month.  The dates decreased a lot when NJMP was completed.  NESBA did a few days at the private car club in NY (the name escapes me), and also had dates at the New York Safety Track last  year.  That pretty much killed their presence at PIRC.

NJMP isn't going anywhere, but the NYST is tied up in litigation.  I don't foresee (m)any dates there...

Edited by redkow97

I think there is potential for that to grow considerably.  Remember, they are needing to re-draft contracts with each of the tracks NESBA had on their schedule.

It's a lot of the same people, but a different business entity. 

now you'll have to be called "known N2 lover"

are they still operating as a non-profit (I thought nesba was, i could be wrong).  assuming i am recalling correctly, that was one of the things i liked best about nesba assuming they really were operating with the spirit of a not for profit org.

I asked that question as well.  I'm not sure, but I'm being told N2 was organized very quickly, so I doubt they have had the time to set up a non-profit.

the not-for-profit status cut both ways.

On the one hand, it allowed NESBA to be harsher with their evaluations, preventing people from registering over their heads. Doing that was a flat-out acknowledgement that they were leaving money on the table when "B" and "I" were full, and "A" had a bunch of open spots.  They were turning customers away instead of moving people up out of "I."

On the other hand, because of the scenario described above, the club couldn't sustain itself, and went under.  That doesn't do any of us any good...

I think a for-profit model works better in the long run. 

Ah. That's why Lyns can't get her free track day.

from Yamaha? that may be accurate.  I know Rob posted in the press release that they're honoring a LOT of what NESBA promised for 2014.  At the same time, that is really not their obligation.  I'm already seeing a lot of negative posts on the NESBA forum about how "N2 is screwing me by not honoring my NESBA season package!"  No, NESBA screwed you by taking your money, and then turning over operations to a new, totally independent corporation...  But as noted, Rob (N2 President and CEO) is a good guy.  They are attempting to fulfill some of the promises NESBA hasn't lived up to.

email support@n2td.org and ask them what the deal is.

I know there are already a lot of people who are getting answer for scenarios similar to that.  The most common seems to be "I bought a date on the NESBA calendar that isn't on the N2 calendar - am I going to get a 'refund' of my credits on that?"  (because N2 is honoring NESBA credits)

I just hope people won't be too upset if they don't get the answer they want.  N2 is taking over operations because NESBA was basically bankrupt (or so I'm led to believe).  How can everyone expect a startup corporation to be successful when it's having to dig out of the hole created by the predecessor?   Their intention is to do things differently, explicitly to avoid going bankrupt as NESBA did...

Edited by redkow97

See the N2 press release or email their support address.

I don't want to spread misinformation.

The gist is that N2 is doing their best to honor commitments made by NESBA, but they're doing it as a courtesy, not by obligation.

I haven't actually seen anything from N2 that says they're going to have "members" or require a membership.

Edited by redkow97

• 1 month later...

I'll have to look at the calendar, but it would be nice to see who is running the show at N2.  I'll consider registering, or at least just riding up and hanging out.  Or maybe we'll ride the kart track and shoot the shit after N2 is off the North track.