The idiot, the witch, and the accident

RSparky

Can't be too hard to do, if you have a car loan and drop your insurance the bank seems to know in about two seconds.

Exactly, but then again I'm an IT guy who builds system interfaces for a living, so what do I know.

Insurance isn't mandatory. Financial responsibility is mandatory. And even that isn't mandatory, people can always take the bus.

I thought OH dropped the financial responsibility clause and mandated insurance for all?

Man I love you guys. I purposefully left out the part where I had already pulled a guy out of a ditch, and all of this occurred on my 24th birthday. Ya know, to avoid looking like I'm asking for sympathy from a bunch of cranky, bike addicted dicks in winter.

Must not have said in the op though, that after I found out I was not covered, I signed up that day. But of course, that means I'm covered the day after.

Thanks for the few words of kindness. As for the rest, I just really would like to make it clear that I am not the kind of guy to drive uninsured. (nor did I feel comfortable with the idea of "postponing" our little bump.) but I also don't feel comfortable being wrung out, when I've always been one to try to help people. I guess it all comes down to perspective.

Hers is that I'm a lowlife trying to get by with the least amount of work possible.

Shit happens. Ease up on the hate, though. I know it's just OR, but dam. Just sharing a story. Next time something weird or otherwise notable happens, I won't be thinking about posting on "my forum".

Seems like his character is intact. He's taking responsibility while trying to resolve it with the least possible impact to his wallet while still making the other driver whole but is prepared to take the hit and buy her a new replacement. That's respectable. Also, as someone who has a set dollar amount direct deposited every week into a shared account and trusts his sammich maker to just take care of it I can see how the mix up could occur in his situation.

If you have motorcycle money you have insurance money.  Grow up.

This.

I mean no offense, but you won't get sympathy from me on this, OP. You were driving without insurance and hit somebody. If things happened the way you said, then the "issues" she found probably weren't even from the accident (she's probably hit other things), but you not having insurance and then attempting insurance fraud to pay for any damages means I hope you don't get off easily.

1) You can't blame your wife, you're right. It's your fault for not checking up on it and making sure you have insurance on a vehicle before you drive it around. Literally, the insurance card should tell you what vehicle is covered.

2) You hit somebody. It makes no difference whether there was ice and snow on the ground. Failure to Control or Assure Safe Following Distance -- pick one.

The fact that people don't get banned on this forum for considering insurance fraud is crazy to me.

Because all it does is propagate the idea that it's acceptable.

Lol not really when you have 8 people saying how dumb a move it is. Going that route you'd have to ban 80% of the board when discussing ride stories or sharing ride videos because speeding is illegal and any discussion of it is the website propagating it being acceptable

Edited by Bad324