OMRL

Hoblick

Our money is just as green as karting money, so I don't see the problem... Are they worried about losing karting business if they schedule one or two days of bike racing each summer?

I think so.

The kart guys are usually buttholes to us. I don't think they want us there.

I'm with you though, my $10 is just as good as a karts $10

it wouldn't just be $10 though.  If OMRL rents the track, they are getting just as much money from us as they would from the karts.

I looked at their 2014 karting schedule, and while there are a LOT of weekends full, there are plenty of weekend dates where nothing is scheduled.

F1 on my CR85!

Will that be competitive? I have very little knowledge of the F1 and F2 rules beyond what I see running out there from the corner working spots.

For some reason, I am always flirting with the idea of owning a 2-stroke. It may as well be race legal...

Will that be competitive? I have very little knowledge of the F1 and F2 rules beyond what I see running out there from the corner working spots.

For some reason, I am always flirting with the idea of owning a 2-stroke. It may as well be race legal...

Nope, not very competitive at all vs. the 150cc four-strokes on tight tracks like Circleville.  But, it's what I have and is always a good time!

• 2 weeks later...

Lastly, Kent is trying to get a date at a track that closed down, and is attempting to reopen. Adkins Raceway http://www.adkinsracewaypark.com/index.html

A little update on Adkins Raceway. I talked to my friend that lives by the track and he said there is work going on there. Sounds like they are putting in longer straightaways and opening it to bikes. He saw whem working on it and walked and talked to the owner. Edited by Mj 88

A little update on Adkins Raceway. I talked to my friend that lives by the track and he said there is work going on there. Sounds like they are putting in longer straightaways and opening it to bikes. He saw whem working on it and walked and talked to the owner.

Nice.

They also updated their facebook page a few days ago and mentioned OMRL.  At least I think they intended to mention OMRL... they kind of butchered the name, but the sentiment was good.

There was some joking about "buying a corner" at the banquet.  Given their initial paving estimate, I think this would actually be quite possible.  They're talking $20k to get the track into 'fair' condition, and then another $60k for a complete resurface.  I think a decent fund raiser would cover up to a quarter of their initial paving costs.

• 3 weeks later...

This is why Easter is te worst holiday...

I get 0 days off, but my Sunday is consumed by brunch with my parents, and dinner with my wife's side?

Why? So we can collect eggs laid by a fictional bunny, who should really be a possum if you want to make an honest attempt at relating the holiday to Jesus...

• Upvote 1