Weight loss/ lifting/ dieting thread

rawlins87

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I started back into a meal prep plan this week (Chicken Fajita Rice Bowls) and have been weight training and running regularly. I can comfortably run 3 miles now. Weight training has progressed a lot and I am hitting personal bests on reps and weights. I started this week at 210, my goal is to be somewhere in the 195 range by spring. I am seeing more muscle tone, so the number on the scale hasn't dropped drastically.

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay winter time is when i shine. Summer is over vacations are done and time to get back at it. Spending this week detoxing from my last weeks vacation then I'll do a weigh in Sunday morning and make some measurements. No mystery on what I need to do but really want to hit that 219 goal this time. Came up about 4 lbs short last time. Have a spring break trip with the family planned for March that's probably a unrealistic goal time frame but i want to shed as much as i can by then. But end goal will be end of May and at my target weight. 

AND.......GO!!!!

• Upvote 1

Welp weigh in sucked..lol. I've gained 20 lbs since my lowest, 15 lbs since this spring. 25ish to loose to my goal.

These post keep me honest so here it is and here I go...

20181118_121229.thumb.jpg.37d9cf00f9228f5fd1d0a535f442be90.jpg

Fyi 55 lbs lighter than my heaviest...

FB_IMG_1542561821016.thumb.jpg.f7a8a4280db18ab891ee813e2370ddb5.jpg

Edited by 2talltim

• 3 weeks later...

Im still making some progress. Life has gotten really busy, so keeping a steady gym routine has kept my sanity. Kinda switching to more of a weight training routine and not as much cardio. Battled a knee pain that set me back as far as running goes.

IMG_20181205_215359_600.thumb.jpg.4df83766efbb4fc3de6eb6f92a622a87.jpg

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

Im still making some progress. Life has gotten really busy, so keeping a steady gym routine has kept my sanity. Kinda switching to more of a weight training routine and not as much cardio. Battled a knee pain that set me back as far as running goes.

IMG_20181205_215359_600.thumb.jpg.4df83766efbb4fc3de6eb6f92a622a87.jpg

My knee's have been cracking and popping for about a year now. Sometimes with mild pain. To the point where I don't really weight train my legs anymore, I don't want my knees to blow out. I do a lot more cardio now, than I used to. Its just rowing, elliptical, and bikes along with some higher rep stuff.

I used to try and bulk during the winter.

Edited by TimTheAzn

2 hours ago, snot said:

I lost majority of my weight from biking. Now, with my knee issues, my PT includes biking 10 min. on a stationary bike as my warm-up. I burn about 90 Cal. in that 10 min....I love to hate the bike.

Wait until you decide to climb the Skyway with me. It is a brutal love. 

• Upvote 2

I'm struggling with will power. Think it's mostly due to energy levels. I'm still on meds for blood clots and some of the side effects are weight gain, fatigue and depression. I'm not gaining but not loosing either. Only 2 months left of these meds, but still need to get over the slump. 

13 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

Two years of progress. I having been eating out more than usual, but I still make time for workouts every week.

Proud of ya brother. You aren't even the same person I met  little less than 3  years ago. New body, confidence and out look on life. Hard work always has rewards and I know you have gotten a lot of rewards out of the new you. 

Edited by 2talltim

16 minutes ago, what said:

@JustinNck1 I wouldn't recognize you if I saw you man. 

I'm down closing in on 20lbs since thanksgiving. Just got my new race suit this week and the lack of fit has been great motivation to drop another 60lbs or more by May. 

Good start man!  Stick with it, we'll all be faster racing next season!

3 hours ago, Helmutt said:

Good start man!  Stick with it, we'll all be faster racing next season!

Yep. I plan to do high protein low carb for a while, or at least until I'm horribly sick of eggs. Then I may transition to tuna and then ???

• Upvote 1

• Casper unpinned this topic