Weight loss/ lifting/ dieting thread

rawlins87

Been running the steps and sledding hill for the last few weeks now, down almost 10#. Tried the 30 day challenge, but had to stop as it started to hurt my hernia i had last year. The wife an kids kept up with it and are seeing good results. Gonna keep running the hill and doing the steps with some sit ups mixed in. Trying to watch my diet, with little carbs and lots of protein.

Edited by speedytriple

I seriously need to get off my keister and cut weight. I'll never fit in my leathers this year if I dont make a drastic change and stick with it. My diet isn't too bad, it's the lacking activity level after work each day. Starting over once again :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

I signed up for a zombie run in July. Haven't really trained since my last marathon in 2010 so I better get moving, hope my knee holds out. Doing knee strengthening exercises at home and running in the park. My goal is to get back down to 130#.

I'm signing up for a mini triathlon on sunday.  I am legitimately scared about the swimming portion, although it should be short enough (and along a shoreline), so I won't get myself in too much trouble :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Girlfriends powerlifting meet

Squat

1st attempt 95 kilos (205lbs) good

2nd attempt 115 kilos? (253lbs) called for height

3rd attempt 125 kilos (275lbs) called for height

Bench

1st attempt 57.5 kilos? Good

2nd attempt 67.5 kilos (148.5lbs) good-NASA national record novice 123 class

3rd attempt 70 kilos (154lbs) no lift

Deadlift

1st attempt 105 kilos (231lbs) good

4th attempt 120 kilos (264lbs) good -NASA national record novice 123 class

Total 282.5 kilos 621.5lbs -NASA national record novice 123 class

• Upvote 1

Well after weeks of pushing myself harder i can say i am getting my wind back. Have lost another 7 pounds in the past week and a half. And can now start to feel and see results. Pants are getting looser, and starting to see some slimming in areas. Been pushing the hill running everyday. With stairs three times a week mixed in. Diet is coming along slowly, beer has been cut out besides a few on the weekend. Also doing that 30 day core workout posted a few pges back.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Down to 198 from 250 in May. On a 5'10" broad shoulder frame. Basically you could only tell I was a fatty by looking at my face or when I sat down and my gut hinh over everything.

Cut out all and I mean all grains. I never ate that bad but didn't realize that 200 grams of carbs a day.

Been eating between 20-40 grams a day all in the form of veggies and an occasional handful of almonds (maybe once a week).

Doing roughly 100 push ups and crunches/sit ups every night except Saturday night and walking about 15 miles each day.

Goal weight is 175. Once I hit 190 I'll up my carbs to 50-80 a day and let the last 15lbs come off slowly. Then once I hit my goal weight I'll go to 100 grams a day and probably start some serious weight lifting

Edited by zx3vfr