Weight loss/ lifting/ dieting thread

rawlins87

Another weigh in this morning, down another lb and half inch off my waist. 8lbs, 5" off waist, and 7% body fat total since mid december. Would like to cut another 8 lbs or so and 3% body fat, the stomach is getting close to flat so the change to my diet in january has really helped. Enough typing time to toss weight.

Another weigh in this morning, down another lb and half inch off my waist. 8lbs, 5" off waist, and 7% body fat total since mid december. Would like to cut another 8 lbs or so and 3% body fat, the stomach is getting close to flat so the change to my diet in january has really helped. Enough typing time to toss SALAD.

10lbs is probably water weight. Actual fat loss should be slower. Keep track of calories, do a carb refeed day every 2-4 weeks. And if still not losing cut more calories (or add more cardio).

Yup. Take it from a guy who wrestled for 18 years, maintaining a 1 lb per week weight loss diet takes a lot of discipline (and spinach. ) Any more than 1 lb per week takes a huge caloric deficit, and is not sustainable IMO. Just stick with it and beware of overtraining if you're also working out right now.

I'm starting to get discouraged. After the first 10 lbs flew off there has been almost no change. Diet is becoming harder to stick to. A buddy of mine on here is gonna start lifting with me next week, that should help.

Gluten free is the way to go, I started at 203 back in July and I am now at 188. I DO NOT EXERCISE other than walking 9 holes of golf once a week and occasionally lifting.

• 2 weeks later...

Posting for posterity

Current weight: 270

Target weight: 220 

Target weight goal by: September 2014

Method: -Running/walking 5 miles a week to start

-30 push-ups, 20 sit-ups, 30 squats in the morning

I'm starting slow so I don't get discouraged. For motivation, I bought a track suit today that's too small. The goal is to be able to wear the suit properly and reward myself with my first track day. 

ShnMUWOl.jpg

What do you think? 

Posting for posterity

Current weight: 270

Target weight: 220

Target weight goal by: September 2014

Method: -Running/walking 5 miles a week to start

-30 push-ups, 20 sit-ups, 30 squats in the morning

I'm starting slow so I don't get discouraged. For motivation, I bought a track suit today that's too small. The goal is to be able to wear the suit properly and reward myself with my first track day.

ShnMUWOl.jpg

What do you think?

You should shoot for five miles per day.... Maybe not all at once, but buy a pedometer and get those miles in.

My stomach and ass was killing me after my recent workout.

My routine:

1 large Chicago deep dish

1 lb of hot wings.

I swear my stomach was going to explode and my ass definitely did.

Don't worry though. It was gluten free.

• Upvote 1

My stomach and ass was killing me after my recent workout.

My routine:

1 large Chicago deep dish

1 lb of hot wings.

I swear my stomach was going to explode and my ass definitely did.

Don't worry though. It was gluten free.

Hi fatty :)

It always helps me to have something to work towards. This is my third year in a row that I'm doing the Warrior Dash. It's a whole lot of fun; I highly recommend it. One of these days, hopefully within 2 years, I want to work up to Tough Mudder. That race really intimidates the hell out of me. 

It always helps me to have something to work towards. This is my third year in a row that I'm doing the Warrior Dash. It's a whole lot of fun; I highly recommend it. One of these days, hopefully within 2 years, I want to work up to Tough Mudder. That race really intimidates the hell out of me.

That's funny never done a mud race and signed up for tough mudder. Should be fun and I may end up doing a few of the shorter ones throughout the year. Got to get my cardio up before May... Getting close