rawlins87

Weight loss/ lifting/ dieting thread

Back on that train again. Jumped to 258 over the last year. Started this weekend. Goals are 229 by December 13th that's 5 lbs from my lightest. 

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

Not dieting anymore, but we've been doing a lot of low cal healthy grilling to maintain

IMG_20190723_181123834~2.jpg

IMG_20190624_133457631.jpg

IMG_20190630_200617802~2.jpg

IMG_20190626_190614845~2.jpg

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

I was as high as 235, and have modified my diet to lower carbs, and increased fiber and protein; salads and portion control.  That brought me down 30-ish pounds over the past 4 months.

Have started going to the gym again, and over the last 5 weeks haven't changed weight, but can feel a real difference in my energy levels.

Started a new routine this week, and plan to run it for the next 4 months:

• Monday - weight lifting - Upper Body + ab workout
  • Tuesday - Hatha Yoga - tried it on a lark, but the way the instructor runs the class, it's a real ass kicker
  • Wednesday - Cardio + ab workout - starting with 10-min cardio, and adding 2 min each week to reach 30 min
  • Thursday - Hatha Yoga
  • Friday - weight lifting - Lower Body +ab workout
  • Saturday - Hatha Yoga
  • Sunday - Cardio + ab workout

My goal is to not have to buy any larger clothes, and get my overall fitness back to where I was in my late 20's to early 30's....

• Upvote 1

217 as of this morning.... That's a record for me lol.... I'd like to get under 200...my riding jackets no longer fit which sucks, so rocking just a long sleeve t or hoodie for now to keep the sun off me. Been wearing the same boots for 10+yrs and I actually think I could go down a size lol... Lost my fat feet I guess... Or maybe they're just worn the fuck out. 

• Upvote 1

So, not sure of my weight.... But.... I turned a year older last week. The next day I PR'd my deadlift by 50lbs hitting 275. Then, I PR'd my Snatch! So, what I am doing is working.

• Upvote 2

Bought a kayak marked down 40% to try to get my core endurance back to be less fatigued by the desk job and for the next year like this when the bike trails are swamped for months. 

• Upvote 1

So I kinda fell off the wagon. I was down to 207, got in a relationship, moved to a different city, got a shift work job, and boom I'm 20 pounds heavier. I'm now starting back at it again. This time I'm gonna break into the sub 200 range. That's my goal. I'm 227 today, I'd like to get there by end of the year.

• Upvote 1

6.8 lbs lost after week one. On to week 2

• Upvote 1

Week 2. Down another  3.2 lbs. Almost 10 lbs in 2 weeks. On to week 3.

• Upvote 1

I'm back in the fat camp game.  Due to a job change, family stuff and a death in the family I fell off the wagon hard.  I stepped on the scale and made Baby Jesus cry.  :(   So far I'm down to 228 from 248.  I really need to be about 200.  

1) Diet is under control

2) I need to gradually ramp up my activity level.  So far I've been failing miserably in this area.

• Upvote 1