rawlins87

Weight loss/ lifting/ dieting thread

3 hours ago, Helmutt said:

Good start man!  Stick with it, we'll all be faster racing next season!

Yep. I plan to do high protein low carb for a while, or at least until I'm horribly sick of eggs. Then I may transition to tuna and then ???

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, what said:

Yep. I plan to do high protein low carb for a while, or at least until I'm horribly sick of eggs. Then I may transition to tuna and then ???

I lived off grilled chicken for the longest time 🤣

Think I'm in "fuck it" mode till after the holidays. I hate being one of those "new year new me" people but I think that's what i'm going with. 

3 hours ago, what said:

We've been paleo for a year now, but needed to change it up.  Was getting sick of eating red meat almost everyday, so we're doing a lot more fish/chicken now.  My weight has plateaued again the last couple months, so I'm swinging in more veggies and less meat - which might deem a need for some sort of low cal protein supplement if it affects my stamina too much.  

You still planning to try out the Cross training?  I'm a firm believer, but it can be gruelling sometimes.  

1 hour ago, Helmutt said:

We've been paleo for a year now, but needed to change it up.  Was getting sick of eating red meat almost everyday, so we're doing a lot more fish/chicken now.  My weight has plateaued again the last couple months, so I'm swinging in more veggies and less meat - which might deem a need for some sort of low cal protein supplement if it affects my stamina too much.  

You still planning to try out the Cross training?  I'm a firm believer, but it can be gruelling sometimes.  

I may slot cross fit in at some point depending on how things go. 

It sounds bad but I dont care what the scale says anymore. I feeling I'm slimming down but the scale stays the same. I've noticed increase in arm size and chest, gut is shrinking.

• Upvote 1

On 12/20/2018 at 8:02 PM, JustinNck1 said:

Two years of progress. I having been eating out more than usual, but I still make time for workouts every week.

inCollage_20181220_195730100.thumb.jpg.aa622ad067308f35f33701e25e9c5d65.jpg

Showed this to my wife and she said “that’s not the same guy”. Nice work man. 

10 hours ago, durk said:

Showed this to my wife and she said “that’s not the same guy”. Nice work man. 

Haha the lady at the liquor store said the same thing and almost took my driver's license away.

• Haha 1

On 12/21/2018 at 10:05 PM, JustinNck1 said:

It sounds bad but I dont care what the scale says anymore. I feeling I'm slimming down but the scale stays the same. I've noticed increase in arm size and chest, gut is shrinking.

My body still doesn't really seem to know wtf is going on, huge water weight swings every 2 or 3 days. It's not really worth weighing myself at this point. Gym every 2 or 3 days for the next 5 months and there will be drastic change regardless. Hit the 5 week mark this week. 

I'm fucked. We just booked a 2 week cruise that leaves in 12 days. I will over eat, i will drink like a fish. Just hope i can motivate myself to utilize the fitness center on ship.

So, we are going to cutout most of our red meat, add more veggies and chicken for the month of Jan.... Idea is to get off the plateau. 

We are both stronger but still have fat to lose.