rawlins87

Weight loss/ lifting/ dieting thread

Finished my 5k in 26:45. My goal was to be under 30 minutes. I've never ran outside, just on the treadmill, so I was pretty stoked with my results.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

Finished my 5k in 26:45. My goal was to be under 30 minutes. I've never ran outside, just on the treadmill, so I was pretty stoked with my results.

Congrats! I don't run, but if I did... I would run towards a BigMac. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Sprained my knee this past week... Sucks....still trying to do what I can until I heal.

Making progress at the gym just doing physical therapy. My PT is also a member so we are aggressive with my workouts. I think I will be 100% in a few more weeks.

• Upvote 1

So I started back into a meal prep plan this week (Chicken Fajita Rice Bowls) and have been weight training and running regularly. I can comfortably run 3 miles now. Weight training has progressed a lot and I am hitting personal bests on reps and weights. I started this week at 210, my goal is to be somewhere in the 195 range by spring. I am seeing more muscle tone, so the number on the scale hasn't dropped drastically.

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

Okay winter time is when i shine. Summer is over vacations are done and time to get back at it. Spending this week detoxing from my last weeks vacation then I'll do a weigh in Sunday morning and make some measurements. No mystery on what I need to do but really want to hit that 219 goal this time. Came up about 4 lbs short last time. Have a spring break trip with the family planned for March that's probably a unrealistic goal time frame but i want to shed as much as i can by then. But end goal will be end of May and at my target weight. 

AND.......GO!!!!

• Upvote 1

Surprised myself on Monday on what I could do (strength). All no impact to extremely low on Rt knee still, but getting better.

Welp weigh in sucked..lol. I've gained 20 lbs since my lowest, 15 lbs since this spring. 25ish to loose to my goal.

These post keep me honest so here it is and here I go...

20181118_121229.thumb.jpg.37d9cf00f9228f5fd1d0a535f442be90.jpg

Fyi 55 lbs lighter than my heaviest...

FB_IMG_1542561821016.thumb.jpg.f7a8a4280db18ab891ee813e2370ddb5.jpg

Edited by 2talltim

Im still making some progress. Life has gotten really busy, so keeping a steady gym routine has kept my sanity. Kinda switching to more of a weight training routine and not as much cardio. Battled a knee pain that set me back as far as running goes.

IMG_20181205_215359_600.thumb.jpg.4df83766efbb4fc3de6eb6f92a622a87.jpg

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

Im still making some progress. Life has gotten really busy, so keeping a steady gym routine has kept my sanity. Kinda switching to more of a weight training routine and not as much cardio. Battled a knee pain that set me back as far as running goes.

IMG_20181205_215359_600.thumb.jpg.4df83766efbb4fc3de6eb6f92a622a87.jpg

My knee's have been cracking and popping for about a year now. Sometimes with mild pain. To the point where I don't really weight train my legs anymore, I don't want my knees to blow out. I do a lot more cardio now, than I used to. Its just rowing, elliptical, and bikes along with some higher rep stuff.

I used to try and bulk during the winter.

Edited by TimTheAzn