Weight loss/ lifting/ dieting thread

rawlins87

5 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Workouts that I could barely finish in an hour I am now finishing in nearly 1/2 the time and with a lot more weight. Tis a good sign. Mixing it up with heavy low rep weeks and light weight high rep weeks. Motorcycle season will be soon upon us.

I've been doing a new rep set where I start off with a decent amount of weight 8-10 reps, work my way up to highest weight through the next 2 sets of 8-10 reps, then finish off with 2 sets of 15-20 in low weight as a burnout. The burn is crazy.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel I'm solid in the 20s 3 days in a row the scale said 22x. This is my monthly weigh in up date because this weekend I'm considering a cheat weekend. Only a pound or two from where I want to be on April 24th.

20180330_110934.thumb.jpg.c8e3029b876f51197ae8ecfc3bf2c603.jpg

• Upvote 1

I have noticed other things too that need to be addressed but not necessarily a problem per se. Going to need to take at least a half a link out of my watch and order another wedding band because they are way too loose.

20180330_111706.thumb.jpg.88dc8cca57abd18f8133701cba8a903a.jpg

20180330_111837.thumb.jpg.f8f97ffdb7de07a7a3705a761f494a6c.jpg

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

Gained 7lbs last Sunday inexplicably and it still isn't gone yet. Thinking it's due to a cold I'm on the very tail end of. That's like... 21,000 calories of fat. No way it's not water. 

Stupid water. 

As a girl this sucks.... I have lost ZERO since thanksgiving. But, I am stronger, faster and a few inches have come off. My endurance has increased and I think that's what is holding me back. My muscles don't burn out fast, my lungs do....can't breath. 

Still working out and staying away from junk food.

• Upvote 1

I haven't worked out in almost a year, but by better controlling my diet, I've lost close to 60 lbs since last May. Plan to get back into the gym this week. I'm a little concerned because I've never been able to lose weight when working out. I become insatiably hungry after a workout and use my calorie burn as justification to eat more. We'll see how it goes. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I feel I'm at a huge plateau, been hovering at 228 to 231 for about 4 weeks now maybe longer. It doesn’t matter if work out, don't work out, work out harder, eat different stuff , ect ect. Same result. So im going to do one week of extremely low calories and see what happens. Started yesterday and my goal is to be 1200 or less per calories day all week through Saturday. After that I’ll get back to my regular scheduled program.

Edited by 2talltim

36 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

I feel I'm at a huge plateau, been hovering at 228 to 231 for about 4 weeks now maybe longer. It doesn’t matter if work out, don't work out, work out harder, eat different stuff , ect ect. Same result. So im going to do one week of extremely low calories and see what happens. Started yesterday and my goal is to be 1200 or less per calories day all week through Saturday. After that I’ll get back to my regular scheduled program.

May be extreme for your taste, but I had the exact same problem getting past 238-240 and did a 3 day water fast and dropped to 228 and have kept it off plus some. It's not for everybody, but I had good success with it and I actually felt great during the days I wasn't eating. It's mainly used for cleansing, not necessarily weight loss, but that's a good side effect lol... Google 3 day water fasting and see if it's something that interests you. 

1 hour ago, Steve Butters said:

May be extreme for your taste, but I had the exact same problem getting past 238-240 and did a 3 day water fast and dropped to 228 and have kept it off plus some. It's not for everybody, but I had good success with it and I actually felt great during the days I wasn't eating. It's mainly used for cleansing, not necessarily weight loss, but that's a good side effect lol... Google 3 day water fasting and see if it's something that interests you. 

As active as I am at my job and on a daily basis don't think I'm quite ready to go that extreme yet. I'm probably more active on a non workout day than most people are on a workout day. So I'd be concerned about losing too much muscle mass on a flat out water fast with no protein intake. I'll give my idea a shot first but if it doesn't work maybe I'll try the water thing at some point.

Edited by 2talltim

58 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

As active as I am at my job and on a daily basis don't think I'm quite ready to go that extreme yet. I'm probably more active on a non workout day than most people are on a workout day. So I'd be concerned about losing too much muscle mass on a flat out water fast with no protein intake. I'll give my idea a shot first but if it doesn't work maybe I'll try the water thing at some point.

Actually if you're that active it may not work for you. Supposed to take it's easy if you're not eating. I'm stuck behind a desk all day lol 

17 minutes ago, Steve Butters said:

Actually if you're that active it may not work for you. Supposed to take it's easy if you're not eating. I'm stuck behind a desk all day lol 

Yea I log 10k steps or more every day at work in 8 hours usually around 15k to 20k in a total day every day. And that dons't figure my stairs i climb and thing i lift.  

• 3 weeks later...

Think my body is done rearranging its weight. My chest and stomach are visibly smaller in the last 2 to 3 weeks. Even though i'm not at my monthly weigh in time I couldn't resist and it said 226.9 this morning. So still a downward trend be 10 more days before my offical monthly weigh in. 

So at this point I've lost about 15lbs since December and gained probably close to 20lbs of muscle. Stupid gym. I'd be happy with the progress except that the XR100 doesn't care how much of my weight is muscle vs. fat, it's just sad I weigh what I do. :(

47 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Dang, you don't exercise and lost 8lbs? Amazing what a good healthy diet alone can do.

Over the last 2 years I have lost 75 lbs and I'm willing to say 90% of it was eating right. 

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Over the last 2 years I have lost 75 lbs and I'm willing to say 90% of it was eating right. 

Agreed. I've lost 95lb over the last 2-3yrs and while I've had stints of going to the gym mixed in, it's mainly been diet. No more pop, no fast food (when unavoidable, I'll have something healthyish like Chipotle or jersey Mike's instead of McDonald's), portion control

I need to start working out again soon... Signed up for the local gym, just need to go... Had a slight fracture in my wrist last month and it's not fully healed so I've been using that as my excuse for not going lol...should be healed up soon and then I won't have an excuse anymore 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Over the last 2 years I have lost 75 lbs 

Just now, Steve Butters said:

I've lost 95lb

The two of you combined have lost more weight than I have in total.

• Beer 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Steve Butters said:

portion control

This is one thing I have not done in the last 4 weeks. I have just been filling up on fruit, veggies and starches. I eat until full and go about my day, I don't count calories. It's impossible to get fat filling up on these.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Tonik said:

The two of you combined have lost more weight than I have in total.

Kicked my shoes and socks off earlier and did some big math and figured. If I get to my goal weight of 219, then between me and the Mrs. we would have lost more weight combined than I would weigh. She has lost 140lbs. and I would be down about 80. Kind of mind blowing that we both at one time weighed a combined 600lbs. That's why we never 2 up on the bike before. 

Just now, 2talltim said:

Kicked my shoes and socks off earlier and did some big math and figured. If I get to my goal weight of 219, then between me and the Mrs. we would have lost more weight combined than I would weigh. She has lost 140lbs. and I would be down about 80. Kind of mind blowing that we both at one time weighed a combined 600lbs. That's why we never 2 up on the bike before. 

She looks great, you still look like shit. But that isn't a weight issue, you just look like shit.

You two have been amazing, well done.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Tonik said:

She looks great, you still look like shit. But that isn't a weight issue, you just look like shit.

You two have been amazing, well done.

Thank you. We are proud for sure and feel so much younger and better.

Yea the looks thing isn't going to get any better that's why my favorite past time requires wearing the helmet. :dunno: 

• Beer 2
  • Upvote 1

• Casper unpinned this topic