Weight loss/ lifting/ dieting thread

rawlins87

50 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

eh when you're this fat and sedentary you gotta worry about the scale as dumb as it may be :lol: . There has been no working out for muscle to have developed

Water retention. My weight fluctuates +/-7lbs in some cases depending on how much water it's retaining. 

On that note, back to the gym starting today. Gotta hit 260 by late June to pick up some bridesmaids at the wedding. 

2 minutes ago, what said:

Water retention. My weight fluctuates +/-7lbs in some cases depending on how much water it's retaining. 

On that note, back to the gym starting today. Gotta hit 260 by late June to pick up some bridesmaids at the wedding. 

Ohhhh I've been travelling and drinking even more water than usual because of that so I bet that's it

Also, you must be tall? I'm also 260 and ideally should be a solid 30-40lbs lighter 

4 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

Ohhhh I've been travelling and drinking even more water than usual because of that so I bet that's it

Also, you must be tall? I'm also 260 and ideally should be a solid 30-40lbs lighter 

I'm 6'6. 260 is my loose goal, if I wanted to be muscular/thin I would be around 230/240. I don't care about having rock hard abs and muscle beach arms, so 260 is fine for me. I'm at about 310 right now, gained 15lbs over the last year or so because pizza (and 1000cc power made me feel fast). 

Edited by what
  • Upvote 1

Water retention fluctuates so much, it will throw day by day scale readings off. It can also make you drop quickly. Google whoosh days.

I've been eating really clean this week. Meal prep with good portion control. Hitting the weight machines more. Only 14 pounds to my spring goal.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

Well every year, my mom's side of the family has a Christmas party, and we get family pictures. This has been a good way to see my year over year progress. They're not the best pictures, but it's cool to see change.
Progress.thumb.png.6595b8cf987ac53523f88881a9ad107d.png

Looks who's is winning the little spoon award :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Qman said:

Congrats on the weight loss.  However, progressing from FJR to Indian is NOT progress!!

FJR is not going anywhere, and I don't see myself owning an Indian anytime soon. Why buy one when I can ride them for free. :dunno:

I do plan on having a 2nd bike though, hopefully in the sub 500 pound with more hp than the FJR :D

1 minute ago, JustinNck1 said:

Dang, if I get in the 180s I feel like I'm gonna die :lol:

Agreed!  My wife's gone nuts today for sure.  Thank God for this bad case of bronchitis, or else I'd have been expected to be there too

• Beer 1

Just now, Helmutt said:

Agreed!  My wife's gone nuts today for sure.  Thank God for this bad case of bronchitis, or else I'd have been expected to be there too

I was bored, better at the gym then at home.... 

• Confused 1

Been detoxing the last few days, high protein, high fiber little to no carbs will stay the course till Sunday. Then Monday morning I start working out with a personal trainer in a small group boot camp type session for 6 weeks. In other words my ass is about to be handed to me, will get up a 4:30 AM to be in the gym at 5am. The trainer Jeremy said, if I don't hate him after the first week let him know, he'll try harder. :lol: Once I start the training I'll pick up the protein and the polyunsaturated fats a bit. I hope this is the reboot I need to get me back to where I was a year ago. He's also going to help me strengthen my back around the injury area. 

• Upvote 2

On 12/26/2017 at 8:44 PM, JustinNck1 said:

Dang, if I get in the 180s I feel like I'm gonna die :lol:

Yea, my max is about 175, however riding the fat bike in the snow I can average over 140bpm on an hour plus ride. Bicycling through snow can be a real challenge :D

32 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

Went snowboarding last night. Hardly any falls but deep soreness this morning. Their "lifts" and a board hanging off one foot add joints to the muscle

I remember the first day of the season when I used to board. My legs would be on FIRE the first few runs down and I'd always ask myself how the hell did I do this last year. But then somehow that would be completely gone by the end of the day. Next day would be sore for sure. Its a great leg workout.

• Upvote 1

• Casper unpinned this topic