Weight loss/ lifting/ dieting thread

rawlins87

Today marks 1 year since I started eating healthy and exercising. Down more than 60 pounds, more muscle strength, and I can now run at a decent pace. I got big plans for the winter, hoping to lose some more and also work on more strength training.

• Upvote 1

Today marks 12 days till I'm jumping back in 150% . Once me and the Mrs. are back from Vegas I'm hitting everything harder than I did before and getting to my under 219.9lb goal by the middle of May. Still up 10-12lbs or so from my back injury but feel ive gotten my core strength back and just need to ignore the back pain and get though the work outs again. This time around I'm going to do more muscle building because how fast I put some of the weight back on during my down time. Be awesome if I can get to my gaol by 2/14 because that would mark 2 years since I was almost 300 lbs. but not worried if I don't. next beach vacation in the end of may so that's my goal.

Edited by 2talltim

decided to take advantage of the time change....Since work keeps running later and later, preventing me from working out in the evenings, I decided to try waking up 30 minutes "earlier" to get a workout in the morning.

starting point - 205 lbs, my 38" pants are too tight, and I am unable to walk at a brisk pace for more than a minute without sounding my age.....

keeping it very light for the first week - 5 minutes cardio on the ski machine, 3x5 of crunches/leglifts, and LOTS of stretching....

We'll see if I can keep it up till I can get back in my 36" jeans, and be able to jog for 30 minutes without dying!

• Beer 1

36 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Almost in a 30" waist jean and wearing a medium t-shirt without looking like a sausage. Down to 185 lbs and that's WITH hairy legs, people. 

Keep at it. Change that lifestyle and it will change your life. 

Cute face, slim waist, and a big behind!? Dibs on Paul.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Okay, vacations for the year are done, next one is in 6 months. Climbed on the scale this morning and it said 253 :( , lets just say it was a great trip to Vegas. On to the next chapter. I've got 6 months till my next trip and time to get back to my original goal of being under 220. Since I'm scheduled to work 72 hours this week, this week will be a cleanse week. Get all the bad shit out of my body and kick up the fiber intake. Sunday morning will be workout time again.  

week 1 in the books!  while I didn't do any morning "workout", I did quite a few outdoor projects, and even got the bike out(and passed inspection), solid workout with putting it back together, oil changes on 3 vehicles(if you've never changed the oil in a class A RV, it is kinda fun), and fall maintenance on the pool.  Felt some muscles I forgot I had!

Started week 2 with adding in light calisthenics via push ups and squats with the BOSU ball, 5-7 minutes medium speed cardio, and upping the abs to 3x8.  So far, no real muscle pain, just keeping it at a low ache(and LOTS of stretching).

Started doing this planet fitness 30 min workout. About 3 times a week, for about 2 weeks now. I can already tell a difference in my strength. I have never done strength training before, actually no wieghts at all. I always do treadmill, oliptical and bike. That's about it. 

Seem to have hit a brick wall with wieght loss, at about 238. 

Hoping this new work out, and back to clean eating will shack things up again. 

At one point I was down to 220, and before my new "life style" I wieghed 320 lbs. That was 2014ish I believe. 

IMG_20171113_060331.jpg

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, flashesbuck said:

Started doing this planet fitness 30 min workout. About 3 times a week, for about 2 weeks now. I can already tell a difference in my strength. I have never done strength training before, actually no wieghts at all. I always do treadmill, oliptical and bike. That's about it. 

Seem to have hit a brick wall with wieght loss, at about 238. 

Hoping this new work out, and back to clean eating will shack things up again. 

At one point I was down to 220, and before my new "life style" I wieghed 320 lbs. That was 2014ish I believe. 

I also have a planet fitness membership. I use the 30 minute machines but never follow the 30 minute program. It's kinda funny to watch how attendance at PF will spike in the next month or so.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JustinNck1 said:

I also have a planet fitness membership. I use the 30 minute machines but never follow the 30 minute program. It's kinda funny to watch how attendance at PF will spike in the next month or so.

I just started doing it... And I do it as it's intended. One the steps for 60sec, then wieghts for 60 secs... I work more for allot of reps, lighter weight. And really work the steps heard to get the heart rate up. 

I like to maintain 150 or better the whole time, and try to Target 170 for a few minutes. 

1 hour ago, flashesbuck said:

I just started doing it... And I do it as it's intended. One the steps for 60sec, then wieghts for 60 secs... I work more for allot of reps, lighter weight. And really work the steps heard to get the heart rate up. 

I like to maintain 150 or better the whole time, and try to Target 170 for a few minutes. 

I see solid 160s on the treadmill most of the time. Stair climber I can get higher than that, but not for very long.

Start of week 3! 10 minutes of solid cardio, 3x10 of sit-ups, leg lifts, with alternating days of BOSU ball push-ups and squats.

in another 2 weeks, I'll be adding in resistance/weight training(a practically new Bow-Flex will get dusted off), and put the cardio at 15 minutes of higher intensity levels(my $15 Craigslist Nordic track) by adding in the resistance on it in small increments.

The overall impact I have seen has no major waist line differences yet, but no increases either!  I do feel a bit more energy in the later part of the day, so dishes and laundry are not getting behind(since I am still putting in 50+ hours per week).

New smartwatch. I was using a moto360 sport. This is a New Balance RunIQ. I ahve been watching these sense they were released back in Feb. Original price was 299, they recently dropped the price to 199, and you can find the brand new in the 150$ range.

Great watch for the price really. Onboard GPS, and HRM. running Android Wear 2.0. Amonge many other things.

My biggest grip, the size, it's considerably larger than the Motorola. 

Ships with Strava software pre installed, but the downside to the Strava Wear app, no indoor option. Previously on the Moto360 I used the Moto fit app that worked quit well and synced seamlessly with My fitness Pal.

Now I'm trying out Google fit on the watch for tracking. So far seems ok. 

IMG_20171122_120050.jpg

IMG_20171122_120055.jpg

IMG_20171122_120118.jpg

• Casper unpinned this topic