Weight loss/ lifting/ dieting thread

rawlins87

Just let it ride Tim. Let your body adjust to your current weight...after while it starts to become stubborn because it thinks there's famine or something :lol:let your body establish this new set point and then challenge it again. It will help make sure the weight stays off (unless you really go off the deep end).

34 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I personally hate socializing when I'm lifting/ working out. Leave me alone, I've got shit to pick up and put back down.

^^this...I go in with my headphones on, get shit done and get out. If I had a workout partner, it'd be no chit chat.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

^^this...I go in with my headphones on, get shit done and get out. If I had a workout partner, it'd be no chit chat.

Last time I had a workout partner I'd be in the gym for 2 hours at a time. With headphones in and my head down im in and out in 45min-1hr

My brother is my primary workout partner. We chit chat, but we also get our workout done in a timely manner. We can usually get what we want done a little over and hour depending on if we do cardio after weight training. When I go by myself, throw in the earbuds, blast some tunes way too loud and get shit done. I'm usually done in 45 minutes.

• 4 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

same...this week I'm making an effort to start losing again (that sounds wrong)

I need to do the same, family vacation in 4 weeks and bike trip a couple weeks after that and if I want to enjoy foods on vaycay I need to get to work NOW.

• Upvote 1

Well, I've been stuck at 231-235 for a couple weeks now. I can't hit that magically 230 to be 50 pounds lost. Last weekend's trip didn't help, but I'll get there eventually. I need to work on some exercises to help strengthen my knees. My knees were sore after riding.

Just now, ScubaCinci said:

Should be a piece of cake if you are fairly diligent...it's mostly diet :)

yea I'm going to do a much better job trying to count the calories, cut out as much carbs as I can and just be all around more conscious about what I'm eating without just saying F it like I normally do

• 2 weeks later...

Finally hit the 50 pounds lost milestone. Down from 280 to 230. I've been slacking lately and the last couple pounds took longer than expected. My goal to be at 220 by the Gap Trip is not looking like its gonna happen.

• Upvote 4

NIce!

I'm 2 weeks in to trying to fit more comfortably in to a suit for my buddies wedding in 3 weeks and down 7 lbs. Fuck was it hard to not go to the taco joint today with everyone and instead eat my sunflower seed salad with kale and quinoa :(

33 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

NIce!

I'm 2 weeks in to trying to fit more comfortably in to a suit for my buddies wedding in 3 weeks and down 7 lbs. Fuck was it hard to not go to the taco joint today with everyone and instead eat my sunflower seed salad with kale and quinoa :(

Ah tacos...My favorite post-workout meal. After a good weight training session, I'll demolish some chicken tacos.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, theroamr said:

I eat everything I want, and as much as I want. Just Log 30000 steps a day and workout hard?

IMG_20160220_200918.jpg

My buddy was in a step challenge with a person with the same occupation. They eventually kicked him out because it was unfair. ?

Edited by TimTheAzn

10 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

My buddy was in a step challenge with a person with the same occupation. They eventually kicked him out because it was unfair. ?

I would be last place in something like this. I probably only get about 2500 steps in. My phone doesn't track my steps when I'm in the gym cause I empty my pockets.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I am not going to make my goal of 220 by the Gap Trip. I am down to 226 as of this morning. 2 bike trips already this year and each trip I gained a few, which set me back. No worries though, I haven't been focusing much on losing weight lately. I've been doing more weight training, mainly arms, shoulders, and back.

• Casper unpinned this topic