Weight loss/ lifting/ dieting thread

rawlins87

10 hours ago, redkow97 said:

166 on the scale tonight, after dinner.

i am lighter than I have been since I was 21...

boss went on a diet, which means I'm going out to lunch less (meaning never).

Good job man

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Qman said:

I know most of these people like this have a mental issue or two that usually lead to them getting this big. Either depression or they were abused or something along those lines. And I still don't buy that that is even a legit excuse. But the problem I have with people like this is that fact that there is someone or many someone's enabling them. Once you get to the point of being so big (I would guess around the 500-600lb mark) you a physically unable to do things for yourself. Like walk and travel to the store or even go to the bathroom. So in a nut shell this 1100 person, SOMONE IS FEEDING HER!! She's not driving herself to mcdonalds she's not going to the supermarket. Some one is an enabler and basically killer her by bringing her what ever she wants.  I don't know why but that just pisses me off more than the person not trying to do the right thing for them selves.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

I know most of these people like this have a mental issue or two that usually lead to them getting this big. Either depression or they were abused or something along those lines. And I still don't buy that that is even a legit excuse. But the problem I have with people like this is that fact that there is someone or many someone's enabling them. Once you get to the point of being so big (I would guess around the 500-600lb mark) you a physically unable to do things for yourself. Like walk and travel to the store or even go to the bathroom. So in a nut shell this 1100 person, SOMONE IS FEEDING HER!! She's not driving herself to mcdonalds she's not going to the supermarket. Some one is an enabler and basically killer her by bringing her what ever she wants.  I don't know why but that just pisses me off more than the person not trying to do the right thing for them selves.

I get your point, but easier said than done. Would you stop feeding your wife or child in this situation...let them starve to death? No, you would keep feeding them while trying to get them the help they need.

9 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I get your point, but easier said than done. Would you stop feeding your wife or child in this situation...let them starve to death? No, you would keep feeding them while trying to get them the help they need.

No I would not starve them to death but I would only feed them what they need to get healthy with professional guidance of course. Because basically the alternative here is they are getting feed to death.

• Upvote 1

Just now, 2talltim said:

No I would not starve them to death but I would only feed them what they need to get healthy with professional guidance of course. Because basically the alternative here is they are getting feed to death.

So you only feed them enough, then they try to kill themselves because not having food is freaking them out.  Thankfully they are not successful.  What do you do next?

3 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

My mother had government subsidized gastro-bypass surgery. She lost a bunch of weight and is slowly gaining it back because she didn't change her lifestyle. Diets and medical intervention are fine, but like any addiction...you've got to make a fundamental change in yourself before anything will stick. 

My wife had surgery too and we hear failure stories all the time from people that had the same thing. BUT like you said they went back to their old ways and they failed themselves.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Tonik said:

So you only feed them enough, then they try to kill themselves because not having food is freaking them out.  Thankfully they are not successful.  What do you do next?

There are struggles in every story but there are better ways than what these folk are doing or not doing.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

There are struggles in every story but there are better ways than what these folk are doing or not doing.

I have a theory on that, was just trolling for a few posts before I got to it.

The people helping them are just as f'd up in the head as the 1100 woman.  She has no support group, no one like you or me in their life that can help them.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

The people helping them are just as f'd up in the head as the 1100 woman.  She has no support group, no one like you or me in their life that can help them.

When it comes to problems like that, there is no "helping" someone who doesn't decide themselves they want to change. 

And the amount of calories needed daily to maintain a weight like that (barring any medical issues) is absolutely ridiculous... like 20,000+ per day. I just read an article a few days ago about the english dude who weighed 990lbs and managed to lose nearly 700 of it over the last 10 years. Back when he was at his largest he was spending $150,000/yr on food alone. Of course, being in the UK, the taxpayers footed the bill. He was eating 20 bags of doritos a day as a snack FFS. At that point, it's absolutely the fault of the people bringing in the food. And yes, he tried killing himself by taking half a bottle of codeine, which just gave him a headache the next morning because the fat cells absorbed most of it before it reached his organs. 

That said, I'm down 7lbs this week. Thanks salad and Jimmy John's. 

Edited by what
  • Upvote 2

For the people thinking she would starve if you stopped feeding her.  There are roughly 900 extra lbs on her if you're generous with her ideal weight.  At 3500 calories per pound of fat = 3,150,000 surplus available calories.  In a theoretical word of a 2000 calorie diet she could survive on body fat for 1575 days.  

I will gladly admit that I am no where near a healthy weight for my size but situations like mentioned in this thread baffle me.  Once a person has eaten themselves immobile, the people around them should be the ones responsible for the results.  

If you're an enabler of a person like this how in the hell do you justify that. What do you say here's a large pepperoni pizza and when you're done eating it I'll clean the shit out of you fat rolls and wash the fugus from between your back fat? Be damned if I enabled somebody that was that big and then had to clean up after them cuz they are unable to do it for themselves.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tonik said:

These people have to be f'd up, if they are same ones cleaning up the mess!  I mean, if she cant get out of bed, imagine what it must be like going spelunking for cleanup duty!!!!   And its not like you can bring a pressure washer into the bedroom!

• Upvote 1

Down 42 pounds since November. Some of my golf buddies from High School are starting to join in on the healthy lifestyle, so I've had workout partners lately. Makes the time go by faster. I've been following a couch to 5k treadmill schedule and weight training on rest days.

• Upvote 3

Training partners are good motivation. I've been sick for over a week so haven't been to the gym or doing any form of exercise. Haven't been eating real clean either (being sick requires comfort food). I go to the Dr tomorrow for my annual physical so we'll see what they say. I'll prolly have to get my oil checked :o

2 hours ago, ScubaCinci said:

Training partners are good motivation. I've been sick for over a week so haven't been to the gym or doing any form of exercise. Haven't been eating real clean either (being sick requires comfort food). I go to the Dr tomorrow for my annual physical so we'll see what they say. I'll prolly have to get my oil checked :o

Be careful when you pull out your dipstick! :tmi2:

• Casper unpinned this topic