Weight loss/ lifting/ dieting thread

rawlins87

1 hour ago, JustinNck1 said:

It's been almost an hour and we haven't seen a status update....Must be on company time :lol:

if it's taken this long I'm going to go do away with the decimal and go whole-hog at -15lbs. 

• Upvote 2

Finally recovered from my upper body day, hit the legs and stomach Monday and today is day 2 and barley able to walk up steps. :lol: 

Do upper body again tonight. Weight is still stalled at 239ish, but I know I'm build some muscle now so as long as its not a gain. Might do nothing but protein shakes then a light dinner the week after new year, that is 6 days leading up to vacation and just want to see what happens. My goal of 229.9 before 1/8 prob isn't going to happen but id still like to see 235.

• Upvote 1

Fat cells fill up with water before the body decides to put them into cold storage. Kind of a "hmm, I kinda want to get rid of this but maybe I'll need it again soon. I had better set it aside for a bit just in case." sort of deal. 

When you start peeing a lot you'll see a drop. 

I piss a lot already, I drink probably 1 1/2 gallons of water a day, every day. Ive always got a water bottle with me. I have a 1 quart bottle at work and I know it gets filled 4 to 5 times every work day the probably another one at home. Maybe it's all water weight and I should dehydrate myself.. :lol: I'm totally kidding.

• Upvote 1

If you are doing low-carb, and by low-carb I mean less than 50 g of carbs a day, you won't retain much water can you become dehydrated much easier. If you've been eating low-carb and then you eat a bunch of carbs you blow up like a tick and can't seem to get enough to drink.  

Should probably do my abs with upper body instead of lower body workout. I work my abs the other day when I did legs so today my abs and legs are sore. But then when I went to work upper body today i didn't realize how much of my abs you use to work arms and shoulders. Ouch, ouch. I got through it but it was definitely a learning curve

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ScubaCinci said:

If you are doing low-carb, and by low-carb I mean less than 50 g of carbs a day, you won't retain much water can you become dehydrated much easier. If you've been eating low-carb and then you eat a bunch of carbs you blow up like a tick and can't seem to get enough to drink.  

That's if your low carb, low sodium. Upping sodium would help with water absorption and nutrient absorption. 

18 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Should probably do my abs with upper body instead of lower body workout. I work my abs the other day when I did legs so today my abs and legs are sore. But then when I went to work upper body today i didn't realize how much of my abs you use to work arms and shoulders. Ouch, ouch. I got through it but it was definitely a learning curve

Keep abs with lower body

54 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

So I've had a lazy couple of days and ate a few things I shouldn't have. Climbed on the scale this morning and I'm down 2 lbs to 237. Wtf? But I'll take it.

http://leanmuscleproject.com/how-whooshes-impact-your-weight-loss/   Very good possibility this may be what you are experiencing. Congrats to all you guys on your accomplishments. I need to follow your lead.

Haven't been to the gym in a couple days, but I did work in the garage all day yesterday. Pushed my motor-less truck out of the garage and back in. Then rode the bike about 40 miles. Didn't really gain or lose anything during the holiday break. Back at it today though.

• Casper unpinned this topic