Weight loss/ lifting/ dieting thread

rawlins87

9 minutes ago, Pauly said:

I did it the old fashioned way. Paid way to much for something I can't wear in the hopes it will motivate me. 

A great way (for me) to lose weight is a long multi-day motorcycle trip through the Appalachians.

I get in the 'zone' and barely think about food until we're done for the day.  I usually drop 3-4lbs on those trips.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

A great way (for me) to lose weight is a long multi-day motorcycle trip through the Appalachians.

I get in the 'zone' and barely think about food until we're done for the day.  I usually drop 3-4lbs on those trips.

Sign me up. The beemer has a built-in breakfast bar.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

I started walking around our 5.3 acres yesterday. 2 days of a mile a day. Hoping to get up 2 or 3 miles a day. Going to try to walk 5 days a week. I can’t believe how much this little bit of walking has increased my appetite!

On 9/19/2019 at 2:20 PM, Pauly said:

I put a full-length mirror in the bathroom so I can see what a dripping wet sack of shit looks like naked. Been quite the motivator. 

That is no joke.  I have lost 30lbs and have been hitting the weights.  I still look like a 40lbs of hammered dog shit in a 30lb bag.

• 2 weeks later...

@LilCasper

Use a backpack and load it with water bottles. 

Pushups, squats, sit ups, biking, running, jump rope, lunges, Russian twist, etc... can be done without weights. Handstand pushups, jumping squats and v-ups for more intense workout. 

Parks are great for pullups, toes to bar, chest to bar or just using the monkey bars. 

Edited by snot

Find a tractor to throw over a ladder truck that you have to drive into a burning fire to save a newly-orphaned platypus that got caught wearing his weight belt doing dead lifts and was cast into the hall of shame. Tire Flipping 101, Thursday after class, brah! #crossfit

1 hour ago, snot said:

Handstand pushups

If I tried something like this it would be a for sure emergency visit to the dentist. Arms would give out and my face hitting the ground would be the only thing to stop me. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, durk said:

If I tried something like this it would be a for sure emergency visit to the dentist. Arms would give out and my face hitting the ground would be the only thing to stop me. 

You could put your feet on a chair so you are not completely upside down, or put a backpack on and do regular weighted.

1 hour ago, durk said:

after you fall on your face you can move right into convict shoulder stand squats.

https://noobgains.com/convict-conditioning-routine/

• 2 months later...

Walmart has a decent deal on rubber dumbbells, $18 for a 20lbs. so I bought a pair. Browsing through Craigslist for a squat rack and  I came across a guy In Columbus trying to sell 2 of the same dumbbells(with tags attached) for $90! 

On 5/24/2020 at 12:28 PM, motocat12 said:

Bought a boogie board to paddle some laps at the beach. Nothing on the state park website and gobs of cars turning around at the locked gate. 

https://ohiodnr.gov/wps/portal/gov/odnr-core/divisions/parks-wc/related-resource/00-what-is-open-now

closed due to high water. that makes sense. putting it on facebook but not their website does not make sense.

• Casper unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Said F*ck it today and had 

Protein blueberry pancakes with.... Icing, whipped cream, and blueberry syrup... And icecream with caramel.....and bacon.

HFBD 2 Me

0729201703.jpg

Edited by snot
  • Beer 2