Weight loss/ lifting/ dieting thread

rawlins87

On 9/14/2019 at 9:28 PM, Wojo72 said:

You bring up a good point here.  I tend to weigh myself every morning while I am waiting for the shower water to heat up.  Maybe I should only weigh myself once per week.

Weight fluctuates daily. No real sense in weighing yourself daily unless your wondering how big your morning poop is.

I 100% weigh 1-3lbs more in the morning to about 8am :dunno: 

I need to get back on the eating better train as well, sitting at a desk all day doesn't help anything either. I try to walk everyday but that isn't cutting it. 

Food is the issue. Need to quit making excuses and do better. 

14 minutes ago, RidersDiscount said:

I need to get back on the eating better train as well, sitting at a desk all day doesn't help anything either. I try to walk everyday but that isn't cutting it. 

Drink water and bring healthier snacks to work. - Thats an easy thing to do to help. I bought a 1QT water bottle and it helps me keep track of how much water I consume throughout a day. Keeps me accountable for staying hydrated.

Brb gotta piss.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Pauly said:

I am into 32" waist, again. I could do with some crunches, though. 

Most of my britches are 36" they were getting really tight. Went back to some old 38"s i kept around(from my really fat day)s as throw away pants if I had some really dirty job to do. Now, my 36"s are falling off my ass without my belt clinched tight. But I'm too cheap to go buy all new 34"s.  

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Weight fluctuates daily. No real sense in weighing yourself daily unless your wondering how big your morning poop is.

I 100% weigh 1-3lbs more in the morning to about 8am :dunno: 

Yup, I weigh myself the exact same time once a week. Usually Sunday morning right when I get up after I piss and before I eat or drink anything. Being consistent on this helps me track things more accurately. 

1 hour ago, RidersDiscount said:

Diet is 95% of what I do to lose. But I have a very active job and I'm on my feet all day long. 

II track EVERYTHING I eat using my fitness pall app. It keeps me honest to myself.  Usually pack about 800-900cal low fat, low to no carb and high protien lunch and snacks for work. That save me the other 600-700 cal for my dinner at home. I take a 32oz gatorade zero  with me to work every day and once its gone try to fill it at least 2 or 3 times with water, then grab another gator-zero when i get home.  

My current daily Macro goals are..

1500 calories

120g (or more) protein 

90g (or less) carbs

75g (or less) fat

try to keep fiber up too but don't have a set number for that. 

19 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

II track EVERYTHING I eat using my fitness pall app. It keeps me honest to myself.  Usually pack about 800-900cal low fat, low to no carb and high protien lunch and snacks for work. That save me the other 600-700 cal for my dinner at home. I take a 32oz gatorade zero  with me to work every day and once its gone try to fill it at least 2 or 3 times with water, then grab another gator-zero when i get home.  

My current daily Macro goals are..

1500 calories

120g (or more) protein 

90g (or less) carbs

75g (or less) fat

try to keep fiber up too but don't have a set number for that. 

I forgot about that app, I used in the past. I agree, plus you have a better understanding of what your body is taking in every day.

I also use the app but I'm a daily weigher... Keeps me on track... Maybe yall are different but I can tell day to day... Eating right, drinking water, etc I never gain weight from day to day, never fluctuates, always the exact same to the tenth or lower.... Days where I fuck off I step on the scale the next day to remind myself what it's like to be a fat fucker and it motivates me to do better that day than previous... I've gained up to 8lb after a football Sunday before from beer and BBQ... Most of that falls back off in a day or two, but you see 8lb higher in the morning and it reminds you to eat right... YMMV whatever works 

4 minutes ago, Pauly said:

I put a full-length mirror in the bathroom so I can see what a dripping wet sack of shit looks like naked. Been quite the motivator. 

I'm probably in the extreme minority here but I honestly think I look better in the buff than I do with cloths on  :lol: 

In the bathroom mirror with nothing my thoughts are " i don't look so bad"  soon as i put some shorts on even a shirt my thoughts go the other way. Not sure why I perceive it that way but I have for some time. Hasn't always been the case only in the last couple years.  

• 4 months later...

I tried getting pounded by 2 of these at Dicks. 

https://www.amazon.com/Theragun-Percussive-Treatment-Stimulator-Performance/dp/B07QKNYHMP?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

I'm very tempted to pay for one of the options.

Actually I have a tab open for the chase freedom card that gives you $150 if you spend $500 in the 1st 3 months...

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/freedom/apply150/affiliates

Edited by motocat12

I haven't posted in this thread for a while.  I started at a high of 248 lbs a few months ago.  I got down to 220 and stuck there for a while to the point that I was almost ready to give up.  Right now I'm hovering at 215.   In order to look decent I probably need to be somewhere around 200.  :(   I've also decided that I am going to start resistance training.   I used to be pretty hard core so the idea of starting again is painful because of how weak I am 18 years since I quit.  I'm hoping that building up a little bit of muscle mass will help me with my overall metabolic rate.   We'll see.   I have a bench and some free weights in the basement so I'll start there.  Once I don't feel like a complete putz I'll start using the freebie gym at work.   Here I go!

I completely fell off the wagon. Was on vacation half the days since before thanksgiving took 3 weeks worth of cruises and spent 2 weeks at Florida resorts. All I did was eat and drink like  fish. Need to get back in the grove of what I know I need to do. Need to cleanse my system now for the next few weeks. Till I recover from a surgery I need to have in couple weeks and I can start working out again.  

Just now, snot said:

Still on the wagon, but just focused on getting stronger. 

My goal is to dead lift 300lbs and back squat 225 by the end of the year. 

Good luck!  A 12 year old girl could lift more weight that me right now for fuck's sake.  I decided to start super light to try to avoid injuries.  

12 hours ago, 2talltim said:

I completely fell off the wagon. Was on vacation half the days since before thanksgiving took 3 weeks worth of cruises and spent 2 weeks at Florida resorts. All I did was eat and drink like  fish. 

I have vacation at the end of the month.  After that I'm jumping back on this bandwagon.

I could stand to lose 10lbs, after vacation it will be 15.

2 minutes ago, Pauly said:

I did it the old fashioned way. Paid way to much for something I can't wear in the hopes it will motivate me. 

I kinda did this. Bought new klim gear. Gained weight. Now i need to loose the weight so it fits me again :lol: 

• Upvote 1

• Casper unpinned this topic