Weight loss/ lifting/ dieting thread

rawlins87

I was as high as 235, and have modified my diet to lower carbs, and increased fiber and protein; salads and portion control.  That brought me down 30-ish pounds over the past 4 months.

Have started going to the gym again, and over the last 5 weeks haven't changed weight, but can feel a real difference in my energy levels.

Started a new routine this week, and plan to run it for the next 4 months:

• Monday - weight lifting - Upper Body + ab workout
  • Tuesday - Hatha Yoga - tried it on a lark, but the way the instructor runs the class, it's a real ass kicker
  • Wednesday - Cardio + ab workout - starting with 10-min cardio, and adding 2 min each week to reach 30 min
  • Thursday - Hatha Yoga
  • Friday - weight lifting - Lower Body +ab workout
  • Saturday - Hatha Yoga
  • Sunday - Cardio + ab workout

My goal is to not have to buy any larger clothes, and get my overall fitness back to where I was in my late 20's to early 30's....

• Upvote 1

217 as of this morning.... That's a record for me lol.... I'd like to get under 200...my riding jackets no longer fit which sucks, so rocking just a long sleeve t or hoodie for now to keep the sun off me. Been wearing the same boots for 10+yrs and I actually think I could go down a size lol... Lost my fat feet I guess... Or maybe they're just worn the fuck out. 

• Upvote 1

So I kinda fell off the wagon. I was down to 207, got in a relationship, moved to a different city, got a shift work job, and boom I'm 20 pounds heavier. I'm now starting back at it again. This time I'm gonna break into the sub 200 range. That's my goal. I'm 227 today, I'd like to get there by end of the year.

• Upvote 1

I'm back in the fat camp game.  Due to a job change, family stuff and a death in the family I fell off the wagon hard.  I stepped on the scale and made Baby Jesus cry.  :(   So far I'm down to 228 from 248.  I really need to be about 200.  

1) Diet is under control

2) I need to gradually ramp up my activity level.  So far I've been failing miserably in this area.

• Upvote 2

On 8/18/2019 at 10:24 PM, Wojo72 said:

I'm back in the fat camp game.  Due to a job change, family stuff and a death in the family I fell off the wagon hard.  I stepped on the scale and made Baby Jesus cry.  :(   So far I'm down to 228 from 248.  I really need to be about 200.  

1) Diet is under control

2) I need to gradually ramp up my activity level.  So far I've been failing miserably in this area.

I hear you. I was down to 165 lbs last summer, but my diet consisted of fruit snacks and 100 proof whiskey. Now I am traveling all the time for work and have not adjusted to hotel life. My exercise regimen has vanished and I am back into 34" waist pants. Not terribly excited about that, but I am getting a grip on things.

Slow and steady, man. I would like to see a healthy 175 lbs for me. 165 was a bit small and made me shiver all the time. Of course, that may have been the all the whiskey and Red #5 food dye. Hard to say....

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Pauly said:

I hear you. I was down to 165 lbs last summer, but my diet consisted of fruit snacks and 100 proof whiskey. Now I am traveling all the time for work and have not adjusted to hotel life. My exercise regimen has vanished and I am back into 34" waist pants. Not terribly excited about that, but I am getting a grip on things.

Slow and steady, man. I would like to see a healthy 175 lbs for me. 165 was a bit small and made me shiver all the time. Of course, that may have been the all the whiskey and Red #5 food dye. Hard to say....

For me it's always easier to lose than maintain.  I can stick to my plan...mostly, when I decide to drop weight.  It's harder to find the right balance when I'm being less strict, if that makes sense.

2 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

For me it's always easier to lose than maintain.  I can stick to my plan...mostly, when I decide to drop weight.  It's harder to find the right balance when I'm being less strict, if that makes sense.

ABSOLUTELY!!!! Took the words right out of my mouth. 

Week 3. Down another 2.8 lbs this week. Total loss 12lbs. On to week 4. This next week will be a short one. Will weigh in on Friday morning because me and the Wifey are headed to Atlantic City for the weekend. Will also be considered my first cheat days/weekend. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've stalled out at about 225.  I've been stressed the fuck out so that certainly doesn't help. I started walking again after work.   Right now I'm only doing 1.5 miles at a time to get back in the swing of things.  I'll start bumping the distance up by 1/2 mile per week or so until I hit 4 or so.

Edited by Wojo72
  • Upvote 1

Taking the Wheelhouse to Charlotte this week. I am hoping to be back into a medium shirt and 32 jeans in time for Thanksgiving. I have not been very diligent on creating time for myself concerning fitness. However, I have ridden my motorcycles over 12k miles this year...so I am not that upset. 

2 hours ago, Pauly said:

Taking the Wheelhouse to Charlotte this week. I am hoping to be back into a medium shirt and 32 jeans in time for Thanksgiving. I have not been very diligent on creating time for myself concerning fitness. However, I have ridden my motorcycles over 12k miles this year...so I am not that upset. 

Motorcycle > bicycle 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, max power said:

Motorcycle > bicycle 

I was in WV a couple weekends ago and passed a few cyclists climbing the mountains. I decided then that I missed the satisfaction of a hard climb and promised myself I would get back onto my bicycle. The motorcycle is fun and I enjoy it very much, but it is not comparable to climbing on the bicycle. I will attempt to maintain a healthy balance of both. Then I can have my cake and eat it, too. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Pauly said:

I was in WV a couple weekends ago and passed a few cyclists climbing the mountains. I decided then that I missed the satisfaction of a hard climb and promised myself I would get back onto my bicycle. The motorcycle is fun and I enjoy it very much, but it is not comparable to climbing on the bicycle. I will attempt to maintain a healthy balance of both. Then I can have my cake and eat it, too. 

But you have a new motorcycle. The only way i see this working is if you buy a new bicycle.

• Beer 1

Was down a couple pounds last weekend and one pound this weekend. Pretty good considering when we went to Atlantic City labor day weekend I ate like a grazing buffalo. Hoping for 20 lbs total lose this coming weekend since the begining of August. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/25/2019 at 9:50 AM, 2talltim said:

Week 3. Down another 2.8 lbs this week. Total loss 12lbs. On to week 4. This next week will be a short one. Will weigh in on Friday morning because me and the Wifey are headed to Atlantic City for the weekend. Will also be considered my first cheat days/weekend. 

You bring up a good point here.  I tend to weigh myself every morning while I am waiting for the shower water to heat up.  Maybe I should only weigh myself once per week.

I have been cutting my portions down quite a bit. What I realized was I eat far more food than necessary to function efficiently. I am driving my car or sitting in an airport more than I do actual work, so the pounds started piling on this year. I do a lot of walking, though and the stairs I climb are plenty. An Amazon fullfillment center is 800,000 square feet and 4 levels high. I do a lot of walking in a 5-pt harness w/ a double lanyard bungee, wearing a backpack of paperwork and supplies while dragging a 50 lb flight case behind me..and up the stairs.. and down the stairs.. and up the stairs.. and down the stairs. However, even with the relaxed portions (which is probably what normal people eat), I find enough energy to do my job and not be exhausted at the end of the day. I know that seems obvious, but the amount I over eat was suprising. There is no reason on the planet to sit down and eat an entire buffalo chicken pizza from Gioninos, you disgusting fat sack of fuck. Get a hold of yourself. You know you're going to feel like shit for this. Tomorrow morning will be fun after that first cup of coffee....you lizard-brained idiot. Get a grip, man. 

• Upvote 1

• Casper unpinned this topic