Weight loss/ lifting/ dieting thread

rawlins87

3 hours ago, what said:

Yep. I plan to do high protein low carb for a while, or at least until I'm horribly sick of eggs. Then I may transition to tuna and then ???

We've been paleo for a year now, but needed to change it up.  Was getting sick of eating red meat almost everyday, so we're doing a lot more fish/chicken now.  My weight has plateaued again the last couple months, so I'm swinging in more veggies and less meat - which might deem a need for some sort of low cal protein supplement if it affects my stamina too much.  

You still planning to try out the Cross training?  I'm a firm believer, but it can be gruelling sometimes.  

1 hour ago, Helmutt said:

We've been paleo for a year now, but needed to change it up.  Was getting sick of eating red meat almost everyday, so we're doing a lot more fish/chicken now.  My weight has plateaued again the last couple months, so I'm swinging in more veggies and less meat - which might deem a need for some sort of low cal protein supplement if it affects my stamina too much.  

You still planning to try out the Cross training?  I'm a firm believer, but it can be gruelling sometimes.  

I may slot cross fit in at some point depending on how things go. 

On 12/20/2018 at 8:02 PM, JustinNck1 said:

Two years of progress. I having been eating out more than usual, but I still make time for workouts every week.

inCollage_20181220_195730100.thumb.jpg.aa622ad067308f35f33701e25e9c5d65.jpg

Showed this to my wife and she said “that’s not the same guy”. Nice work man. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2018 at 10:05 PM, JustinNck1 said:

It sounds bad but I dont care what the scale says anymore. I feeling I'm slimming down but the scale stays the same. I've noticed increase in arm size and chest, gut is shrinking.

My body still doesn't really seem to know wtf is going on, huge water weight swings every 2 or 3 days. It's not really worth weighing myself at this point. Gym every 2 or 3 days for the next 5 months and there will be drastic change regardless. Hit the 5 week mark this week. 

• 1 month later...

Well...I'm finally jumping in on the bandwagon. after saying for so long that I need to lose weight..yadda yadda yadda. As of Jan 29th, I have been meeting with both a nutritionist and a personal trainer. Been going to the trainer 2x a week and still trying to go to the gym to lift weights when I can. Ive cut out all pop and even my beloved sweet tea in exchange for water. I didn't like seeing that scale over 300# and with my episode this past summer, I HAVE to do this. Next Tuesday is my 1st month follow since having the Body Composition tested and hoping for some good results. 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2014 at 10:47 AM, OsuMj said:

What do you think is the most helpful part?  I was thinking about getting one of these, but wonder if it would help beyond what I'm doing already (tracking nutrition, exercise).

I noticed it tracks sleep.  That's pretty cool.

I have had one for years and I love it. It tracks steps, exercise, calories and even sleep. 

• 2 months later...

trying the atkins thing.     started monday 5/20  already down 6lbs by this morning 5/25.   and no real exercise.  I think if I did some like i should It may be 10lbs.  but 6lbs in a week eating bacon, eggs, cheese, steaks, pork chops, tuna, a little bit of leafy greens only, hamburgers without the bun, etc  is way fucking harder than it sounds lol 

I'm honestly surprised I don't feel bad by now.  yesterday I stopped at kroger and seen they sell atkins shakes that have 6g of carbs and snacks like brownies!   lol  it helps because giving up sweets (even foods like carrots) have too many carbs isn't as easy as I thought it would be.   

hell you can't even have peanuts etc for the first 2 weeks.   

I need to honestly shed close to 100 lbs. I weighed 140lbs when I was 23. 20 years later Im 249.  I can't stand it anymore.  I have a $1000 race suit I can't fit in lol

Edited by serpentracer

• 2 months later...
  • Casper unpinned this topic