Weight loss/ lifting/ dieting thread

rawlins87

I miss food already :(

With all the issues with my thyroid, the roller coaster has finally stopped. Now it's time to work on fixing what it did to my metabolism. Little background... Started in 2013 with hyper by 2014 caused me to gain (always hungry). Then I went really high, 120bpm resting heart rate. I lost over 15lbs in 2 months. Then started treatment. By the end of 2014 I was steady...then went low and high back and forth until beginning of 16 (gained back what I lost) then real low...now normal with meds. But gained 20lbs in 1 year

Low fat, low carb, lots of biking and walking...want to lose 30lbs.

Let the fun begin....

Edited by snot
  • Like 1

Gained almost 20lbs since I broke my back 3 months ago. Traveling so mich didn't help either. Sitting at the Doctors now hoping to be my last appointment and all restrictions will be lifted and I can get back to work and working out. Will find out soon.

This is what I'm afraid of when I have my Achilles surgery in Sept...6-8 weeks no weight bearing at all :cry: So, I've been busting ass...not necessarily trying to lose weight but just get in the best shape possible so it's not so tough to bounce back. I've decided to run 5k's (on my own, not organized) and keep doing them to see how fast I can finish them. The first one I did I averaged about 12 min/mi and the last one I did (5th one) I was just barely over 10 min/mi though I think I could've done better on that one as I started out slow, trying to pace myself and ended up finishing hard so I guess I could've pushed a little harder early on.

IMG_8756.thumb.jpg.f2f264c66f10f25a9aa48f464b8d69c0.jpg

My goal is to get to 9 min or below by mid Sept. which I think is realistic and what I would consider to be a very good time for my gender/age which (according to the web) is a 10.5 min/mi avg.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't seen much change on the scales lately, just stuck around 221 range, trying to break through that 60 lbs lost barrier. My cardio workouts have been getting better though. Finally getting 3 miles under 30 minutes on the treadmill. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Weight loss so far is 25 pounds since beginning of July.  Wife and I are biking 5-6 days totalling near 60 miles a week.   My quads haven't been the same since.....when does the pain go away?!?! :wtf:

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Still on my healthy eating plan 90% of the time. Haven't been able to get back to working out yet because my back still has a lot of stiffness but I have still managed to take off 10 lbs of my regain since july. My wife had her gallbladder out last week and her blood pressure has been all over the place so the BP cuff thingy has been out on the coffee table all week. I checked it this weekend and thought it was an error because it was 100-55. So I've checked it several times over the last few days with a couple different meters (even a expensive one my dad has)and never got over 105. This just amazes me because a couple years ago the doc was thinking of putting me on BP meds because it was always so high. Just a huge benefit of being healthier and happier life style.

Not a bad reading for a 240lb man.

20171010_193353_001.thumb.jpg.397b55c5c61fb676e5c853a969c84333.jpg

On 8/8/2017 at 9:19 PM, snot said:

Almost 10 down.... 

You would think I would sleep better....not the case. Still working on what to eat. Fruit veggies and lean meat. Staying at 1200-1400 calories a day.

I haven't kept up with this thread but have you had your RMR measured? That will give you an idea of how many calories your body will burn a day if you did nothing and you can base your calorie count on that. 1200 calories is the bare minimum anyone should eat and sometimes eating too little has a counterproductive impact as your body goes into starvation mode and holds onto all the fat it can.

Well my progress has really stalled in the last month or so. I haven't gained any, just not losing like I was. Not eating right being the main factor, but when I'm on vacation, I'm on vacation damnit lol. Still sitting at 220 right now. November 1st will one year since I started eating healthy and exercising. My winter plan is to get my running stamina up and be able to run a 5k in the spring. I thought I'd never say that, but yeah I wanna run an event.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

You might go see a doctor...that's very close to being dangerously low.

It's fine, that's one of the lowest I've recorded. My wife's runs way lower than that and her doc is not concerned. You have to remember I'm on my feet 8 to 12 hours a day so when my body is at rest it's going to be way lower than your average.

Edited by 2talltim

19 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Been a long journey and the only thing that did the trick was my lifestyle change.

This. I'm not a fan of using the phrase "Diet". They are temporary IMO. It takes a lifestyle change to see lasting results.

12 hours ago, ScubaCinci said:

I haven't kept up with this thread but have you had your RMR measured? That will give you an idea of how many calories your body will burn a day if you did nothing and you can base your calorie count on that. 1200 calories is the bare minimum anyone should eat and sometimes eating too little has a counterproductive impact as your body goes into starvation mode and holds onto all the fat it can.

At 5 foot 1200 is ok. I am now down just over 20lbs. Slowed down some, I have not been riding my bicycle much. School, work and stuff around the house has got in the way. 

My RMR is about 1500. At goal weight is about 1450....

• Like 1

• Casper unpinned this topic