New guy from Akron

jd724

First nice Monday we get me and jamal (Malaysia invasion) will be putting a few hundred miles on the clock. You should come with...we don't ride too hard, especially early in the season when roads are still cold and potentially polluted with salt, loose pavement and the billions of potholes from winter.

I hear ya Hellmutt!   I need to learn to ride better to take a bit more advantage of it's "finer qualities"

Sign up and join us for the trackday at MidO for July 18th. There is no better way to upgrade your skillset and learn what your bike can really do than a trackday can teach you. A pile of us OhioRiders will be there and I'd rather not be one of the only other hypersport riders there :D

First off thank you for your service. Second, that's a hell of a first bike. Take the msf course at state 8. Buy full gear. Head to toe. I will be more than happy to ride with you and teach you what I know. The forum is full of plenty of guys willing to do the same that have more skill and experience than me. This forum is a great resource for everything about riding and also a great place to meet and make friends.

• Upvote 1

My first bike was a 600rr too, keep a level head and you'll be fine learning on it

Also definitely MSF class and gear are a must. I can also help out when needed, I've vowed to ride more than I did last year and need some excuses to

• Upvote 1

Sign up and join us for the trackday at MidO for July 18th. There is no better way to upgrade your skillset and learn what your bike can really do than a trackday can teach you. A pile of us OhioRiders will be there and I'd rather not be one of the only other hypersport riders there :D

Maybe I will take a shot at this too.  Never been on a track with a tank like this :)

Welcome back!    Sounds like we will have a nice group riding down from Akron for the Epic!  We should meet up for some breakfast before we head down.

I'll keep an eye on that ride down too just in case :D

Being the only sport bike in a pack of cruisers is so boring...I did a memorial run a few years back with my f.i.l. and I was bored to tears....they slow down for curves....I would putt like 10 under for a mile or so to put a gap in front of me so I could wing through some nice twisties when we got em but overall it was a waste of a day.

Yeah that's pretty much how it was.  When I did try and wind her out a bit, one of the guys looked at me and shook his head like I'm a kid misbehaving.  Don't think I'm gonna have that problem with this group!!!!  :)

• 2 weeks later...

when is this group ride id really like to get in on that as

long as i get everything situated fast enough when i get home 

Here's where it started:

http://ohioriders.net/index.php?/topic/103758-2014-spring-epic-ride/

Here is where it is now:

http://ohioriders.net/index.php?/topic/103963-unofficial-spring-2014-epic-ride-may-17th/