unOFFICIAL SPRING 2014 EPIC RIDE - May 18th

DerekClouser

Clearly, the objective is to have fun. 

More confusing? If you can't figure out a sign in a parking lot and following a decent guideline of how long your gas stops should be, maybe elementary school is more of a fit for those riders.

Signs are great, my point is over organization can cause more confusion.

I agree with groups waiting on the one behind them so people can change groups.

There is no such thing as over organization and it especially does not cause confusion

Sincerely,

Mr B.A. in Organizational Leadership

:D

As long as the organization is strategic in nature and isn't offset by accumulated technical debt. Sincerely, Mr. Sr I.T. Enterprise Architect :D

I've never attended one of these..how long does the ride usually last? Saw there's was no lunch breaks. Just curious if ill need to pack food with me or not. (Usually eat every 2-4hrs)

The ride itself lasts 2-3 hours. There's a Dairy Queen next to the meet and endpoint (at least there was last year). I'm on my phone, so not sure where you are coming from but usually we say to get there at least 30 minutes early to organize and meet other members. So you should have time to eat then and then after everyone usually mingles and you can eat again afterwards. Depending on how long it takes you to get there and home will obviously determine how much time you'll have before and after. Coming from NE Ohio myself we arrived last year about 45 minutes early so you shouldn't have much an issue.

I've never attended one of these..how long does the ride usually last?

Saw there's was no lunch breaks. Just curious if ill need to pack food

with me or not. (Usually eat every 2-4hrs)

Check out this thread from the guys meeting at Iron Pony.

Last year they buzzed down US-33 E.  Send ZxHooligan a

PM if you want to link up with them when they cruise by,

unless you just want to meet us all in Logan.

http://ohioriders.net/index.php?/topic/104179-unofficial-ride-may-17-central-meet-and-ride-down/

Eat something before you leave home.  We don't stop

for meals.  I always carry some beef jerky, trail mix, and

Gatorade on the road.  Some of us are dining together 

after the ride.  Don't know where yet.  All are welcome

to join us.  See you then.

Leads and sweep riders, raise your hand.

There's a need for more than what is

currently listed.  Who has the skills to be

up to the task?  This is your chance to

step up to the plate and take a position

of leadership among your peers.  Who's up?

Leads and sweep riders, raise your hand.

There's a need for more than what is

currently listed.  Who has the skills to be

up to the task?  This is your chance to

step up to the plate and take a position

of leadership among your peers.  Who's up?

We have a list of 55 riders among the

follow skill levels.

Fast

Medium-Fast

Medium

Slow

Cruiser and heavy touring

This means we need at least 5 Leads and 5 Sweeps.

Step up.  Step up.  Step up.

Seeing as I've never been on these roads I will have

to take a less responsible role. I'm in though. Is there

a thread for the guys coming down from the pony this

year?? Or are we all just pm'ing ZxHooligan?

No worries, Goose. 

Go here >>  http://ohioriders.net/index.php?/topic/104179-unofficial-ride-may-17-central-meet-and-ride-down/

I think we can convince jschaf to lead the fast group again and in reality most guys in that group can sweep.

If needed, I'll lead the med fast group but I'll see if anyone else wants to volunteer first. Whaler has agreed to sweep for that group already. Now just need to iron out the other divisions as well.

EDIT: The threads for the regional meet ups are in the original post for those curious.

Edited by DerekClouser

Friday is the last day for ordering shirts for the Epic Ride.  If you were interested in getting shirts for the Epic Ride, PM me or you can visit the following link:

http://ohioriders.net/index.php?/topic/104237-t-shirt-request-thread-spring-epic-ride-2014/#entry1387034

Payment needs to be received by Friday (4-25) through paypal so I can place the order if anyone was still interested. 

I have updated the groups. If I have previously missed your name please re-post

Just put together a quick image for those to get an idea of how to park when you arrive. Last year, there was a lot of confusion on getting into the groups. Obviously, not everyone will know about this and there will be some disorganization and that's completely unavoidable, but we can try and minimize for those who do and can also utilize those who know to help get organized from the start as well...

The goal of this is to minimize confusion at the meet place. 

When you arrive, try and park your bike in the designated location of what group you want to participate. 

Edit: Changed the image

MEETSPOTv3

Edited by DerekClouser

I have updated the groups. If I have previously missed your name please re-post

Just put together a quick image for those to get an idea of how to park when you arrive. Last year, there was a lot of confusion on getting into the groups. Obviously, not everyone will know about this and there will be some disorganization and that's completely unavoidable, but we can try and minimize for those who do and can also utilize those who know to help get organized from the start as well...

The goal of this is to minimize confusion at the meet place. 

When you arrive, try and park your bike in the designated location of what group you want to participate. 

Being honest I would not do it like that at all because people are going to park to close together and screw it up. I would split the groups in to the "yellow lanes" perpendicular to how you have it and use like 2 or 3 of them

Being honest I would not do it like that at all because people are going to park to close together and screw it up. I would split the groups in to the "yellow lanes" perpendicular to how you have it and use like 2 or 3 of them

Again, this is all just ball parking ideas. But I implemented your idea. 

Edit: Changed image

MEETSPOTv3

Edited by DerekClouser

Again, this is all just ball parking ideas. But I implemented your idea. 

I wish I had the ability to draw it on here but that is how we did it last year and did not work out very well.

Looking at the pic, take the color bars and go from top to bottom with them instead of left to right. Now if you look close there is a light pole at the mid point of each yellow lane of parking spots and use that as your barrier from one group to the next and use like 2 of those lanes

Am I making any sense? lol