unOFFICIAL SPRING 2014 EPIC RIDE - May 18th

DerekClouser

Hi. I'm pretty sure I don't actually know a single one of you guys, but I'd love to join this ride; meet some new people. I've been riding for the better part of a decade, but never really in a group and not on these roads, so I'd like to stick in the slow group. 

Hi. I'm pretty sure I don't actually know a single one of you guys, but I'd love to join this ride; meet some new people. I've been riding for the better part of a decade, but never really in a group and not on these roads, so I'd like to stick in the slow group.

Perfect man, I'll update the thread. We need to get some leads and sweeps!!!

Are we all in agreement of keeping the same meet spot and route as last year??

Perfect man, I'll update the thread. We need to get some leads and sweeps!!!

Are we all in agreement of keeping the same meet spot and route as last year??

I assure you to make it easy on yourself just to make it that way. Plus it makes it a shit ton easier in anyone that was there last year willing to lead and sweep this year. Otherwise it will be 6 more pages of discussion and half will be worthless anyway.

So long as I don't sell the bike for some crazy price or take the opportunity to make a long weekend ride to somewhere new you can pretty much count me in to sweep a medium group or slim chance if we need another slow group I can lead one of those if absolutely necessary

Im tentatively in thats the 2 weeks after my GF graduates so She wants to head home for a weekend since we rarely get too with our schedules. I told her that would be a good weekend. Id be trucking down and then riding down to Logan from Junction City the day of. 

I am curious about the paces listed.  There is a difference between 25-30 over in one curve and 25-30 over in another.  Any footage of what these guys were riding like last year?  That would give me a good idea on where I'd like to be on the type of unknown roads we are talking about.  If I started in one group I'm assuming its ok to jump up a pace group if I feel as though I'm comfortable riding faster?

PS - I am GoPro mounted.

Edited by Triumph

You should be fine jumping to a different group after the ride starts Ryan. Its pretty laid back ruling so long as you dont add to an already overloaded group and/or see a faster or slower group at a fuel stop. Pending the number of leads/sweeps is where it counts. Hoping we have more than needed so the groups can remain smaller and more manageable.

Ps, I'll be running a GoPro as well

Edited by Hellmutt

I will probably make this one.  I will most likely be medium this time depending on what bike I'm on.  There's a chance I could have something different by the time of this ride.  Then I would probably drop to slow.  I swept a slow group last year and it didn't turn out too bad even though I hadn't ever done that before.  Only issue was people peeled off at the stop.  I could sweep a medium group this time if need be but would prefer not.

I am curious about the paces listed. There is a difference between 25-30 over in one curve and 25-30 over in another. Any footage of what these guys were riding like last year? That would give me a good idea on where I'd like to be on the type of unknown roads we are talking about. If I started in one group I'm assuming its ok to jump up a pace group if I feel as though I'm comfortable riding faster?

PS - I am GoPro mounted.

It would be hard to move up because the faster groups leave first. It would be much easier to move down if you felt uncomfortable with the pace.

I am curious about the paces listed.  There is a difference between 25-30 over in one curve and 25-30 over in another.  Any footage of what these guys were riding like last year?  That would give me a good idea on where I'd like to be on the type of unknown roads we are talking about.  If I started in one group I'm assuming its ok to jump up a pace group if I feel as though I'm comfortable riding faster?

PS - I am GoPro mounted.[/quote

Do a youtube search of ohio riders look for the past 3 years dream ride and epic ride. Might give you a little better idea of what to look forward to.

Whatever group you ride in, ride your own ride. Do not feel compelled to keep up & ride over your head. If you do, you drastically increase your chances of having a really bad day & preventing others in the group from enjoying the ride as well. If you do end up in a group that is outpacing your comfort zone there is no shame at all in waving other riders by. The group will & would much rather wait for riders to catch up at all turn offs than to be tending to your broken bones & bike. Just my two cents but I think way too much emphasis & worry is being put on pace here.

• Upvote 1

Plus, I imagine most aren't as fast as they think they are. ;)

True dat! I've meet many on here that talk like they are fast and that proved to be false. I consider myself to be a middle of the pack riders maybe even a bit below that mark and I've put some to shame. I never understood this dick measuring contest to begin with.