unOFFICIAL SPRING 2014 EPIC RIDE - May 18th

DerekClouser

Big shoutout to all who organized this event. I was in the saddle @ 6:00 a.m. to hook up with the N.E. group who ran  the route with massive fog & 35 degree temps just to get there.  It was definately worth it. Great roads, even better people. I had a blast hanging with the group. Ended up with 560 miles at 9:30 when I got home. It was alot more fun RIDING off those 'chicken strips' then using the belt sander.

Thanks again to organizers, leads & sweeps....... YOU GUYS ROCK !!!!!   

Look forward to seeing all next time.   

Big shoutout to all who organized this event. I was in the saddle @ 6:00 a.m. to hook up with the N.E. group who ran  the route with massive fog & 35 degree temps just to get there.  It was definately worth it. Great roads, even better people. I had a blast hanging with the group. Ended up with 560 miles at 9:30 when I got home. It was alot more fun RIDING off those 'chicken strips' then using the belt sander.

Thanks again to organizers, leads & sweeps....... YOU GUYS ROCK !!!!!   

Look forward to seeing all next time.   

It was great to have you along Andy. You've been posting entirely too much lately.

You're a slim 220 man. I'm 6' @ 290 and an XL anything wouldn't fit in my pocket

The lack of available gear in big man sizes is just ridiculous. I'd seriously like to start a line of gear aimed towards the larger riders as there is a huge hole in the market. I'm pretty sure this is a big reason a lot riders don't wear ATGATT.

• Upvote 1

I didn't read through the whole thread...any casualties this year? I wasn't there with my cursed GoPro to bring doom upon my fellow riders so I'm guessing all went well.

Nope, no crashes or mishaps this year.

Only two cruisers came without helmets and one guy had cords showing at the start.

The lack of available gear in big man sizes is just ridiculous. I'd seriously like to start a line of gear aimed towards the larger riders as there is a huge hole in the market. I'm pretty sure this is a big reason a lot riders don't wear ATGATT.

Would probably prove to be a lucrative move, pending the quality/fitment of course :D

I'm seeing the leather gear is harder to find on the shelves locally in much over size 46/48. Textiles are typically readily available, which makes sense as it's inexpensive and is what I see a lot of bigger guys wearing. I'm a 2xl in most brands of textile, and 52/54 in leather jackets. Pants are the worst since it must be a government standard that if you've got a 40-42 inch waist, you'll nominally be 6'8 tall :nono:

Best luck I've found for large folk of varying shape are Trackskinz custom leathers, they're built to your specifications and not the regulated standards.

Edited by Hellmutt
  • Upvote 1