Ohio National Guard training to fight 2nd Amendment supporters?

YSR_Racer_99

this line cracked me up...

“The revelation of this information is appalling to me, and to all citizens of Ohio who are true conservatives and patriots, who don’t have guns for any other reason than that the Second Amendment gives them that right,” Portage County TEA Party Executive Director Tom Zawistowski said in a separate Media Trackers interview.

Who buys anything they never intend to use just because they have the right to own one?

Be it a gun, or a speedboat, or a snowmobile?

Who buys anything they never intend to use just because they have the right to own one?

I have at least 5 family members that have guns and never use them and I know that 2 of them prefer no one else in the family knows they do. I also have a family member who supports everyone's right to own them bit refuses to own them because he had an ND in his house and by some how the bullet went through a dresser that had a surplus army helmet in the cupboard portion and stopped it from going through the dry wall of the outer walls. Next time I see him I'll get a picture of the helmet and dresser.

• 2 months later...

Fire extinguisher? First-aid kit? ICE tag for my helmet? Hand crank radio in the basement? I could keep going. 

You intend to use those things, just as gun owners intend to use their guns.

You didn't buy that wind up radio thinking "man, I'm never going to fucking use this, this shit is gonna rust away in my basement" No, probably something more like. "Hell yeah, next time there is a bad storm and the power goes out, we're gonna be in the know cause of this kick ass radio"

Edited by magley64
  • Upvote 1

Then explain the millions of gun owners who live their entire lives without shooting someone. If we want to use them so badly what is holding us back?

Prison sentences?

Morals?

Religion? Guess it depends.

But shooting someone isn't the only use for a gun, they are also great for intimidation.

Edited by magley64

You intend to use those things, just as gun owners intend to use their guns.

You didn't buy that wind up radio thinking "man, I'm never going to fucking use this, this shit is gonna rust away in my basement" No, probably something more like. "Hell yeah, next time there is a bad storm and the power goes out, we're gonna be in the know cause of this kick ass radio"

10175946_10152347250192439_3338199645040

Well in that case they are using it for an investment, and congratulations, that is the first viable utility I've heard regarding guns that didn't involve their use as a weapon.

How about the valuable role they play in the population control of deer, and also putting food on people's plates?

• Upvote 1

A gun's "sole purpose" is to expel a projectile. Emotion doesn't factor into this simple truth.

You're being kind even with that. A gun does not have an inherent purpose, let alone a sole one. It's a grouping of atoms that vibrate together, like a hammer or a tractor or a knife or an elbow. It may have been engineered and assembled to be more efficient at certain uses, like a hammer, a tractor, an elbow... but it is not conscious. It does not crave cake. Is makes lousy toast.

Edited by smccrory