DDM Tuning HID's

silentcropduster

The 750 has HID's - I've had to replace 2 ballasts so far - I've had enough :cowshit:  They are "xentec" brand name which a quick google search claims they are sub par.

I've heard a lot of good thingd about DDM Tuning HID's - have anybody have any experiences with them ?

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Product-Categories/HID-Kits-and-Components

Don't know that I would bother, I don't own any but I am suspicious.  Their website has sale ads that are 2 months out of date and their Facebook page hasn't been updated since November.  Lots of poor reviews on their FB page also.  Seems like it's a buyer beware situation to me.

• Upvote 1

Everybody "use" to tell me they were the best, but yeah I see your point. I just wanted to get an opinion from someone on here who might have dealth with them, being that this is a motorcycle forum. It's sad the only gripe I have about the bike is the ballasts keep blowing and the bulbs have that moving effect - when the bike isnt even on. I this only started happening after I had to switch the ballasts :cold:

I'll have to look into my ebay history and see what brand ballasts I have on my bandit. I attached both to either side of the fairing stay which is a pretty vibe-heavy location and have had zero issues. The "moving" effect should only last a few minutes during the initial heat-in of the bulbs. Let me look back and find out who I dealt with. They originally sent me the wrong bulbs but customer service was super and they got me the right stuff in a few days....ok. eBay seller is ionicparts. Check em out.

Edited by CrazySkullCrusher

I'll have to look into my ebay history and see what brand ballasts I have on my bandit. I attached both to either side of the fairing stay which is a pretty vibe-heavy location and have had zero issues. The "moving" effect should only last a few minutes during the initial heat-in of the bulbs. Let me look back and find out who I dealt with. They originally sent me the wrong bulbs but customer service was super and they got me the right stuff in a few days....ok. eBay seller is ionicparts. Check em out.

yeah the heat in was beginning of last summer for the bulbs, they r just el-cheapo. I'll look into that seller right now. 

I had a pair of DDM 6000k 35W HIDs in my R6 and they were still working just fine after 4 years when I sold it.  I bought a pair of DDM 4500k 35W HIDs for my Subie about 2 years ago and they're still great.  I wouldn't hesitate to get another set.

Edited by smashweights

They're hit and miss... I've paid $100 for name brand, and $20 for eBay Chinese shit.... Only ever had an issue with one ballast, out of probably 10 kits... Just buy a cheap set on eBay and hope for best

If you really wanna be a fancy ass, I had these in vfr

putcomotorsports.com/products.cfm?action=ProductView&CategoryID=e0756967-65be-f4bb-a058-b19b01e0e592&Id=eb08e28b-65be-f4bb-a9cc-4bd428993359

Iron Pony sells Putco Powersports... They were great, no complaints... But the kit is 60-100, I don't remember exactly, and my current kit in new bike was $20 and it works just as well

Looks like I'm going go give them a chance then. Its only money...can't take it with me when I die right? Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

And they're pretty cheap.  Downside is they ship directly from China, so it takes like 2 weeks+ to get them in.

Forgot to mention, the only hid kit I ever had a problem with of the 10 or so I've bought, was a ddm lol... Sometimes it wouldn't fire and I had to turn lights on and off a few times to get it to light on one side.... Not saying I think ddm sucks, just saying I think all the kits are the same thing and it's luck of the draw

Forgot to mention, the only hid kit I ever had a problem with of the 10 or so I've bought, was a ddm lol... Sometimes it wouldn't fire and I had to turn lights on and off a few times to get it to light on one side.... Not saying I think ddm sucks, just saying I think all the kits are the same thing and it's luck of the draw

I had a similar issue with the high beams on my R6.  I always blamed it on not enough draw from the battery as the battery was fairly old.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a similar issue with the high beams on my R6.  I always blamed it on not enough draw from the battery as the battery was fairly old.

I have an AGM battery on my GSXR, I had issues w the beam "boucing" when the bike wasn't even on. I blamed it on the cheapo Xentec brand HID's. After I bought a battery tender recently and charged it up - haven't had the issue since.