Buckeye Lake Ice riding....... 1-26

attackpainter

Some of you have been out on the lake before but for those of you who havent you are welcome to come throw a leg over one of my bikes this weekend. We will most likely be at Leibs island or fairfield beach. We will be out on sunday. Feel free to send me a pm and i can let you know exactly where we will be.

You don't need to go to a lake just come up to cleveland and ride on I-71 if you want to ice race I got to do it for two hours yesterday on my ride home from work. Even in my soobie I was having a hard time keeping any speed up without shifting sideways.

71 out of cbus was a bitch too...I think we hit 40 a few times...Most of the trip home could be categorized as a controlled slide.

how much bike prep is there for ice racing?

Are we just talking about a tire insert to protect the tube, and then go ride, or are you guys using the "real" ice stud screws, and adding the big (safer) fenders to keep people from turning into ground beef?

I would ice-ify my 19" stock front wheel on the XR, and then look into picking up a spare rear rim...  I already have an extra rear (street) tire for it, but it's not like the knobbies matter on ice anyway.  I would assume it's all about the studs.

how much bike prep is there for ice racing?

Are we just talking about a tire insert to protect the tube, and then go ride, or are you guys using the "real" ice stud screws, and adding the big (safer) fenders to keep people from turning into ground beef?

I would ice-ify my 19" stock front wheel on the XR, and then look into picking up a spare rear rim...  I already have an extra rear (street) tire for it, but it's not like the knobbies matter on ice anyway.  I would assume it's all about the studs.

Have you ever prices out actual Ice Racing tire. they are insane. You can get screw in ones that work... well enough maybe.. never actually did it just did research last year when a thread like this came up.

http://www.frpoffroad.com/Fredette-Racing-Products-Motorcycle-ice-tires-FRP-studded-Left--Right-turn-detail.htm?productid=-162909

why bother making a set of tires when im offering up a bike that already has a set of $600 Craig Pickett tires on it?. And you can ride the 450 if you want. ..... The lake was pretty good last weekend although we only had one plow to move snow. I know the forecast is calling for rain on sat but we will be back out Sunday. A few AMA pro flat trackers are coming to play as well. Lmk if you'd like to join

You don't need to go to a lake just come up to cleveland and ride on I-71 if you want to ice race I got to do it for two hours yesterday on my ride home from work. Even in my soobie I was having a hard time keeping any speed up without shifting sideways. 

This lol I live in Cleveland and it's been fun.