2014 SPRING Epic ride

porschefan

Spring Ride dates  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Gonna stick with May

2. 2. Stay with May

Yes. And two rain date threads. Four threads in all, seven pages each at least and no definitive date for any of it.

Cdub is in charge of the threads;) this started as a are we going to have and developed into planning. Without Doc to lead the plan we are a little lost. I am in Dayton and have a limited schedule so, planning is not ideal for me. My choice is May 10th and Sept 27th. Route same as last year stands up by 11. But not only my choice...

Cdub is in charge of the threads;) this started as a are we going to have and developed into planning. Without Doc to lead the plan we are a little lost. I am in Dayton and have a limited schedule so, planning is not ideal for me. My choice is May 10th and Sept 27th. Route same as last year stands up by 11. But not only my choice...

Those dates work. May 10 may be trouble if we try the next day as a rain date - that's Mothers' day.

Poll updated. Disregard question 1.

I have updated the title of this thread as well. this will be for the spring ride only.

We will start another thread for the fall ride.

You might have to delete your vote to be able to vote again. Just hit the delete me vote button under the poll.

After date is selected a new thread will be started with a poll for leads/sweeps. That will the the official tally thread.

Edited by Cdubyah
  • Upvote 1

Thing is I have like a 200 mile ride just to get down thwre...at least 150 I think...gonna be a sore butt...

In the interest of time I trailered last year. Couldn't have been a better decision because with all the in ride events I barely made it home in time for the engagement I had that evening

Thing is I have like a 200 mile ride just to get down thwre...at least 150 I think...gonna be a sore butt...

That was the wife and I on our first Dream ride in 2012. We left home about 630am at 38ish degrees, rode just over 400 miles that day but temps hit around 60, got home 15 hrs later and it was about 38 degrees by then again. Frosty, chapped, saddle ass. In short, we trailered last year :D

Edited by Hellmutt

If I can make it(avoid conflict w Motoseries) I can sweep a fast group or lead a medium as long as everyone understands the basics of a group ride.

IMO 3+ epic rides is getting overkill...just post up a day or two in advance when the forecast is decent and you can get a ride going....smaller groups tend to be more fun anyhow. Last year I didnt make it out much, but all it took was a quick post anf everytime we had between 3-8 people. Best thing about it....less planning, better prediction of weather, and no chance to sit on the fence.

• Upvote 1

In the interest of time I trailered last year. Couldn't have been a better decision

+1

But that was bshultz's trailer and he sold his bike. I wonder if I can bribe jstump into coming and we can throw our bikes on his trailer.

Sent from my iPhone.

I'm looking forward to the ride again..thought it worked out great except for the few accidents that occurred. ...rider error, lack of experience and poor maintenance of their bike....I chose the medium group mainly because I was not familiar w the roads. ..I think we had great leads and kept a pretty good pace...I copied the routs and printed them out...definately plan on riding that at least twice this spring and summer. I plan on being there for sure...anything I can do to help...send me an email...I live in Springfield...bout 1.5 hrs away, but we'll worth the trip