2014 SPRING Epic ride

porschefan

Spring Ride dates  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Gonna stick with May

2. 2. Stay with May

Fall would be good, I agree that riders will more on the chill by then. More time to plan and organize. Plus park bikes in their group on arrival would end a lot of confusion and save time.

I agree, and it was a smidge chaotic just before the ride started when we all were scrambling to join our respective groups

All I need now is a hot tub full of sweaty drunks and I'm set.

Challenge accepted good sir. And remember, no laughing at my snazzy sweater vest in the hot tub

Yeah....he was riding in my group last year.

I mean I don't think he was the cause of any incidents but he better be wearing gear next year. I'm surprised no one said anything, if that were me I would have got the hint as soon as I showed lol, everyone else had near full gear on :D

Sent from my iPhone.

I mean I don't think he was the cause of any incidents but he better be wearing gear next year. I'm surprised no one said anything, if that were me I would have got the hint as soon as I showed lol, everyone else had near full gear on :D

Sent from my iPhone.

I believe we all suggested that his next investment should be a jacket and some boots.

As soon as you start dictating gear requirements, you assume responsibility for the ride. Don't do that.

I don't see how that makes me responsible for the ride, but whatever. Where what you want people! I'll be wearing gear.

Sent from my iPhone.

• Upvote 1

I can go whenever.

Fast group if they'll allow me again on the BMW.

Only got to ride about 10 miles last year due to the crash in the group,.spent rest of the day hanging out with InYaZz.

So last year, was it just a case of people thinking they should be in the fast group when they really should have started in another one? I couldn't imagine just jumping into a ride with only Core riders.... Oh wait, that's already happened :) (need to break out the thigh master this year so it happens more often).

Sent from my iPhone.

So last year, was it just a case of people thinking they should be in the fast group when they really should have started in another one? ......

That wasn't it, one guy lowsided on some gravel that he didn't see - he was just about 3 feet off of the line that everyone else was on. Wasn't even going fast when it happened.

I think that was the only incident in the fast group.

So last year, was it just a case of people thinking they should be in the fast group when they really should have started in another one? I couldn't imagine just jumping into a ride with only Core riders.... Oh wait, that's already happened :) (need to break out the thigh master this year so it happens more often).

Sent from my iPhone.

In the medium groups it was partly that and partly showing up with bad tires. It also was a bit disorganized in my mind but its hard to predict some of those things until it happens. So learning from those experiences we now know things that can be done to make it go smoother

• Upvote 1

In the medium groups it was partly that and partly showing up with bad tires. It also was a bit disorganized in my mind but its hard to predict some of those things until it happens. So learning from those experiences we now know things that can be done to make it go smoother

Truth. Hindsight is a sob lol.

+1 for more leads and sweeps.

Sent from my iPhone.

It wouldn't be a horrible idea to try to park in the group that you plan to take off with before the ride.  Whether that is established with signs or just saying medium group in the northwest corner, or whatever, my experience was that finding the group i was trying to ride with as everyone was leaving the parking lot was the most hectic part. 

It wouldn't be a horrible idea to try to park in the group that you plan to take off with before the ride. Whether that is established with signs or just saying medium group in the northwest corner, or whatever, my experience was that finding the group i was trying to ride with as everyone was leaving the parking lot was the most hectic part.

^ agreed ^

Sent from my iPhone.

It wouldn't be a horrible idea to try to park in the group that you plan to take off with before the ride.  Whether that is established with signs or just saying medium group in the northwest corner, or whatever, my experience was that finding the group i was trying to ride with as everyone was leaving the parking lot was the most hectic part. 

welcome to 2 pages ago :p

but yes it needs to be spread out, that lot was massive and lining up in such a small area last year contributed to the problem

Edited by Bad324

I like the idea of organized groups before. I also think no more than an hour to meet and greet is good before the ride. Maybe dinner after and chat some more.

Edited by snot

I'm in for early spring or fall! Hoping my schedule works out and I can make it again.

I'll likely volunteer to run sweep on a group if I do make it. However, if that does happen and somehow I'm involved like I was last year I'm going to be extremely picky about who the hell is in my group. If I don't know you or have someone that I know vouch for you, I'll likely prefer you ride in another group.

Dibs on your group then. I liked the pace of our group at deals gap last year.

Fall would be good, I agree that riders will more on the chill by then. More time to plan and organize. Plus park bikes in their group on arrival would end a lot of confusion and save time. All I need now is a hot tub full of sweaty drunks and I'm set.

I kinda liked it in the spring because it was a nice warm up to deals gap. I don't get much practice up here :(

I know me jstump and 2 other guys, split off and ran our pace. It was nice, could have been quicker, but no problems, no close calls, but yes we did run into other groups, and vise versa.

I agree but I remember a kid on a 10r wearing a tshirt last year.....

Sent from my iPhone.

I am for sure in the medium group this time, the group we were with was super slow until we broke off. That was my first big ride with the 675 though and I psyched myself out lol.

Needs to be on a Sunday, preferably after June 15

I will ride sweeps in a slower group because I don't really care for spirited riding in groups, I like to be spirited solo so when I crash no one will find me and hopefully a bear will eat me before I regain conciseness

Needs to be on a Sunday, preferably after June 15

I will ride sweeps in a slower group because I don't really care for spirited riding in groups, I like to be spirited solo so when I crash no one will find me and hopefully a bear will eat me before I regain conciseness

Your family owns the business - just switch working to Sunday the week of the Epic Ride... You can ride down with us... 

I assure you, last year was a blast. (even with all the little issues that people are bringing up)

Edited by DerekClouser

I'm not into the group ride thing, but I could be a final sweep in my truck/trailer with some tools, gas, tie-downs, cooler full of water, basic first aid kit.......you get the idea. 

I would really be bringing up the far rear, but should something happen the rest of the group could move on knowing help was not too far behind.

Just a thought.

• Upvote 2

Update: I'll try to keep updating this as we continue to gather more leads/sweeps

Leads: 

Sweeps: 

Whaler

Bad324

Lead or Sweep:

Hutch

Honestly, I don't know if I would worry about this until a date is set and a new thread is started for the official planning

I want to come back so bad, plz make it on saturday, my chances increases a lot if its a saturday :)

Might stay with extreme west ohio group in and around hocking this year as one day trip is too much from MI, Hopefully some MI riders might tag along as well like last year.

• Upvote 1