2014 SPRING Epic ride

porschefan

Spring Ride dates  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Gonna stick with May

2. 2. Stay with May

I would make the sugesstion to have to groups with 10 or less.

Our medium fast group didn't really have too many problems last year. I think we started with 8, and ended with 12. But some of the groups were just too damn big.

Aaaaannndd making some fucking signs about what group start where and when. :-)

annnnd a bullhorn.

• Upvote 1

In for this year, voted spring but doesn't really matter. Have a few things planned for the year already, but as long as I'm not already busy will be there! 

Forgot, would probably be in the Medium group as well if looking to get a count for groups. May not be a bad poll to set up as well...

Edited by jhawk

And a cabin in the woods of Hocking valley, fortified with a steamy hot tub in which to kick back and ingest mass quantities of Jager and Shiner Bock to relax the saddle sores away on a nightly basis.

Had a blast last year, would like to see this happen again as well. I agree that it needs to be prior to/post race season since we travel to some of them during the season and plan to have our bikes in trackday garb quite a bit this summer.

Now your talking Big Daddy, thats Poppy Chulo's kinda night.

• Upvote 1

Oh my, a cabin in the woods with a hot tub! Yep, its an OR event. Hellmutt and I are Med. Group.

I almost prefer fall due to the road conditions seem better in the fall. Also, it gives riders a chance to blow the dust off their gear and bike.

I voted for the fall only because of what was already mentioned. Everyone needs the dust blown out of their minds before going on a large group ride. The fall allows everyone to fine tune their skills. I am up for leading a group or running sweep.

It was all just a bit too disorganized for my tastes, plus considering how HUGE my group was at one point due to unfortunate incidents  "but we had no wrecks". :) I think the crowd was a bit larger than expected, and then not enough people were willing to lead a group. Leading groups of that size is really tough, add in not knowing riding experience and the fact that many are a bit rusty and have not ridden much that early in the season. I may not come this year, but if I do....I agree that Fall might be the best time for several reasons.

Should we organize two separate events? I hate to think of splintering the "EPIC RIDE" but if safety and road conditions are that great a concern I'm open to options. Did we just get lucky last year because I thought the roads, weather, and traffic were perfect. What were the reasons for the original schedule? And back to safety, what can we do to prevent last years accidents?

Fall would be good, I agree that riders will more on the chill by then. More time to plan and organize. Plus park bikes in their group on arrival would end a lot of confusion and save time. All I need now is a hot tub full of sweaty drunks and I'm set.

Anytime is good for me, as long as I can get off work.

I voted for all three times, but I think that later in the

season gives folks a chance to have their riding skills

polished up before taking part in an event as large 

as ours was last May.  Doc gave me a count of

around 70 bikes.  I don't know how many groups we

had, but there seemed to be quite a few.

The larger the event, the more likely an unfortunate 

incident will occur.  This is getting to where it may be

a good idea to have the medically trained riders

spread among the groups just in case something

were to happen.

And it's not too early to begin a list of those willing/

qualified to lead/sweep.

I know me jstump and 2 other guys, split off and ran our pace. It was nice, could have been quicker, but no problems, no close calls, but yes we did run into other groups, and vise versa.

And this is an ATGATT event as all OR events usually are!

I agree but I remember a kid on a 10r wearing a tshirt last year.....

Sent from my iPhone.