2014 SPRING Epic ride

porschefan

Spring Ride dates  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Gonna stick with May

2. 2. Stay with May

If I lived closer I would help out. My suggestion would be same meet place as last year and Mid May or mid October (after all the racing). Either way we will try to be there. Need someone or a group of people to take charge.

To assist in planning an OhioRiders event for 2014,

I provide you with the following links to previous

events from the past three years:

2013 Dream ride : http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=102404

2012 Dream ride : http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=97435
2011 Dream ride : http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=82628

This route offers 2 1/2 hours of riding for 100 miles.

It starts and ends at the same location as last May's

Epic Ride. 

It's only a suggestion.  Can some of you, that know

these roads take a look to see if it safely fits our

purpose, for riders of all experience levels?

http://goo.gl/maps/4C0vu

Having issues uploading but I think last years was good. Just take 668 back to the start.

/maps?saddr=Logan,+OH+43138&daddr=OH-93+S+to:OH-56+E+to:39.4485168,-82.2-w%3BFcTvWQIdJbYZ-ylbwiZGbApIiDEMWITOdcZJlA%3BFcAhWgId-bkZ-w%3BFeEJXQIdcNke-w%3BFZ9UXgIdyxMe-w%3BFTJlXwIdhTkY-w%3BFetYWwIdspcW-w&gl=us&mra=mi&mrsp=8&sz=14&via=3&t=m&z=15

post-13773-0-77530900-1389747469_thumb.p

Edited by snot

NinjaDoc is the one that always organized it. He's since moved Michigan and works even more than he used to. So unless someone else steps up I don't think it will happen

I volunteer to be a gopher! I'm still just a novice rider and am pretty much in awe of the organization and insight of group leads on even short, casual rides. I would really like to see this come together, but am not sure what I can do.

Need a date first, then head count, sweeps and leads.

And a cabin in the woods of Hocking valley, fortified with a steamy hot tub in which to kick back and ingest mass quantities of Jager and Shiner Bock to relax the saddle sores away on a nightly basis.

Had a blast last year, would like to see this happen again as well. I agree that it needs to be prior to/post race season since we travel to some of them during the season and plan to have our bikes in trackday garb quite a bit this summer.

Well, I guess the first step would to be come up with a date for it... We should try and avoid the IB and Deal's Gap dates. Probably 'try' and avoid close race days as well.

Edit:

These dates are

Deal's Gap - June 5-8

Mt Rushmore IB: June 12-17

Mid-Ohio Superbike is July 20.

I'm not a track guy, so some of those guys can input those dates. I'm thinking June 21, 28, or July 12 might be possible dates.

Edited by DerekClouser

Alright. I made a poll for the season. It's Multiple choice.

From there, we can narrow down a date. So the poll will get changed, after a season is selected.

From there we can plan a meetup.

I also changed tha title so we can plan everything here.

• Upvote 1

Alright. I made a poll for the season. It's Multiple choice.

From there, we can narrow down a date. So the poll will get changed, after a season is selected.

From there we can plan a meetup.

I also changed tha title so we can plan everything here.

Good plans - voted, but my vote is primarily just my preference, I'm really open to any season. 

I'm in for early spring or fall! Hoping my schedule works out and I can make it again.

I'll likely volunteer to run sweep on a group if I do make it. However, if that does happen and somehow I'm involved like I was last year I'm going to be extremely picky about who the hell is in my group. If I don't know you or have someone that I know vouch for you, I'll likely prefer you ride in another group.

• Upvote 1

I'm in for early spring or fall! Hoping my schedule works out and I can make it again.

I'll likely volunteer to run sweep on a group if I do make it. However, if that does happen and somehow I'm involved like I was last year I'm going to be extremely picky about who the hell is in my group. If I don't know you or have someone that I know vouch for you, I'll likely prefer you ride in another group.

If you don't mind me asking, what happened at another ride that causes you to be this way?

If you don't mind me asking, what happened at another ride that causes you to be this way?

Shiiiiit I'm this way cause I'm a grumpy old man stuck in a younger mans body :lol

But specifically I am referring to last years Epic Ride. Between the group in front of mine and ours which ended up becoming one big group, had 2-3 people go down in the first 10 miles. One just didn't have anywhere near the experience to be in the Medium pace group and the other had too shitty and worn tires for the ride. I remember 2 specifically and I think there was even a 3rd which was a target fixation issue.

I don't get as many big rides as I used to and when I am able to make those I want to be able to log as I can. And when issues like last year arise this doesn't happen because I have a greater obligation to make sure a fellow motorcyclist who wrecked is ok and his situation is figured out

Cdub's has the right idea to get it planned correctly. Once all that is in place further pre-planning and organization should be done to avoid the issues of last year. Some of those being:

*Groups have a general idea of who will be in what group ahead of time

*Parking should be done by organized by group from the get go of people arriving

*A STRICT time schedule of when groups leave needs set

That is what I can think of now from last year that were issues

Shiiiiit I'm this way cause I'm a grumpy old man stuck in a younger mans body :lol

But specifically I am referring to last years Epic Ride. Between the group in front of mine and ours which ended up becoming one big group, had 2-3 people go down in the first 10 miles. One just didn't have anywhere near the experience to be in the Medium pace group and the other had too shitty and worn tires for the ride. I remember 2 specifically and I think there was even a 3rd which was a target fixation issue.

I don't get as many big rides as I used to and when I am able to make those I want to be able to log as I can. And when issues like last year arise this doesn't happen because I have a greater obligation to make sure a fellow motorcyclist who wrecked is ok and his situation is figured out

Yes, I knew there was issues with the fast group and I know Inya's Epic Ride was cut drastically short because of a pretty bad crash in the fast group.   

The groups of 10 were good, but there definitely more than 10 in the medium groups because there were so many riders that wanted to fall in that group but not enough leads/sweeps, so we will need to try and increase the numbers of leads/sweeps for the medium paced groups and can condense if less people are needed.  I'm sure a lot of the leads and sweeps that aren't needed would not have an issue bumping into a faster paced group anyway.  

The 3 wrecks I am talking about happened in the Medium groups. The fast group was so far out ahead of us thankfully it caused no domino effect. The 3 wrecks I'm referring to caused a massive domino effect between the medium groups and the touring group

Also, to be clear it is not a speed snob thing, it's a preference on competency of riding within limits and boundaries. Accidents happen and some things like gravel & etc can't always be helped so I'm not a complete asshole!