Courts back execution w/ new (untested) drugs - Thoughts?

DerekClouser

Perhaps he should be given the same courtesy his victim received... I'm appalled that murderers can, when faced with their death, suddenly flip to being a victim. You killed someone, you should not be given a quick & painless death in my opinion.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

Public Firing squad where average citizens can bid to be a part of the firing squad. They could use that money to recoup some of our tax dollars spent housing him for however long he's been in. 

Edited by flounder
  • Upvote 2

Public Firing squad where average citizens can bid to be a part of the firing squad. They could use that money to recoup some of our tax dollars spent housing him for however long he's been in. 

this is the best idea I've heard yet!

Perhaps he should be given the same courtesy his victim received... I'm appalled that murderers can, when faced with their death, suddenly flip to being a victim. You killed someone, you should not be given a quick & painless death in my opinion.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

This. 

My sentiments exactly. 

Kill them exactly as they killed their victims.  

• Upvote 1

Pain, lethality, clean-up

with all but the lethal injection and rope (assuming the head doesn't come clean off), you're going to have a nasty clean up to do afterwards...

Put a big plastic bag underneath him when he hangs.   Let him drip or ooze whatever his body wants to, into the open mouth of the bag lying on the floor.   Two young inmates, in prison for relatively minor infractions, then get to pull the bag up over the body and tie it off.  This may act as a deterrent for them convicting more heinous acts.   Then cut the rope, let him slam to the floor.  Pick up the bag, dispose of the body.  No hoses, no disinfectant, no floor drains needed.    Use the bags that king-size mattresses come in.   Can't be more than a couple $$$ each.

"Next one!".  

Too many appeals.   One appeal should be the max.  

So then whoever administers the lethal injection should die by lethal injection, right?

Wow.  Really?    He is providing a service.  He didn't rape and murder someone.   If its found that he did something heinous, he should die by the same method.   The convicted murderer/ rapist committed a crime. The executioner did not.   How you can consider the two as "equal" is beyond me.   The rapist/ murderer is not a victim.  

If one were to follow your logic, no criminal could ever be convicted unless they were "judged" and sentenced by someone who committed the same offense, and neither of them could then be punished.  

Justice has to be exacted somehow, else there is anarchy.   Liberals want more laws, restrictions and oversight, but then argue that the offenders shouldn't be punished.  "They just need to be rehabilitated".  Okay.  Let them come live with said liberals, in their homes with their wives and daughters, until the rehab is complete.  

Edited by YSR_Racer_99

So then whoever administers the lethal injection should die by lethal injection, right?

I cannot stand when people use that as an objection for "eye for an eye" style punishment because of the fact they just decide to omit the fact that the executioner is doing his job and the criminal committed a crime

Only if they execute someone who later turns out to be innocent. Then they are murders. And everyone that supports capital punishment is an accessory, or a co conspirator. Now that is stated a bit in the extreme, but bottom line is we have and we will continue to execute innocent people. That alone is reason enough to end capitol punishment.

We are better than that.

• Upvote 1

Only if they execute someone who later turns out to be innocent. Then they are murders. And everyone that supports capital punishment is an accessory, or a co conspirator. Now that is stated a bit in the extreme, but bottom line is we have and we will continue to execute innocent people. That alone is reason enough to end capitol punishment.

Meh, the majority of those would have just spent the rest of their lives in prison instead.  A better alternative?

BUT back to the main point: this drug combo is basically two drugs that druggies try to scam Emergency Rooms out of all the time:  Versed (midazolam, cousin of Xanax) and Dilaudid, a very powerful opiate  If I died, this is how I'd want to go out: high out of my fucking mind.  And the argument that he might experience a terrifying or suffocating sensation for a few minutes before dying?  Who the fuck cares?  That's a pittance compared to what he's done to others.