I'm sorry ladies.

Tonik

I was at a concert and there was a USMC booth setup with a pull ups contest where you can win shit... Some little fit bitch busted out 45 pull ups, it was pretty impressive to watch, considering the previous record on the board from earlier that day was around 20-21 (different list for guys and girls)

Unbelievable. If I remember right we were supposed to knock out 25 pull ups in boot camp before we left. I've seen the USMC and Army booth setups and have wanted to try it. I weigh 30 pounds more than back in boot camp.

I did one of those at the state fair it was 15 a 2 years ago, I did those and asked the chick that was running the booth how many have done it isn't that difficult and she said ur be surprised. I'm not strong by no means just able to lift my weight.

I am surprised more could not do them. I my early 20s I could do 15 easy. Now not so much. However, I am a firm believer you should be able to lift your own body weight. You never know, there could be a time you will need to.

Since I switched jobs it is one of goals to be able to do at least 10 again.

• Upvote 1

Bullshit. Just as the firefighter requirements. If a woman can't lift the same as a man, she shouldn't be fighting fires. It's not a politically correct issue.. it's a safety issue.

I agree, if I want a mans job I better be stronger, faster and better. I don't want someone who is paid to protect me weak and under qualified. Safety before politics and ego.

Is this requirement before boot camp or at the end of boot camp? If they can't do it at the end, cut em.

It is the requirement of their yearly physical after boot camp. It impacts their ability to get promotions. In fact physical fitness in the Marines used to be a HUGE part of you getting promotions. My son did not do well on the physical fitness tests and it held him back on promo's.

For women the min is 3 and a perfect score on that part of the test is 7.  For men it is 3, but a perfect score is 20.

It is the requirement of their yearly physical after boot camp. It impacts their ability to get promotions. In fact physical fitness in the Marines used to be a HUGE part of you getting promotions. My son did not do well on the physical fitness tests and it held him back on promo's.

For women the min is 3 and a perfect score on that part of the test is 7.  For men it is 3, but a perfect score is 20.

Thanks for clarification. Silly it's even a topic that is up for discussion.