Yukon outfitters mosquito net hammock

Gixxus Christ!

Got one for xmas from my sammich maker. I've used their regular hammocks before and they are strong. This one can effectively replace a tent on motorcycle camping trips. It's roomy, comes with fly cord to hold up the netting plus screw type D rings for hanging. Holds 275 lbs and if it's anything like the other two nylon hammocks I have, it's way comfy. Packs into its own stuff sack and takes up about the space of half a loaf of wonder bread. Can't wait to try this thing out.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Let me know when you plan to go out. I want to use mine a few more times this year then i did last year. I need to pick up a under quilt or try to make one for when its cool at night. Thermal loss is huge when sleeping in a hammock, i found this out last year on a 60 degree night.

Also be sure to put a sleeping pad under you when using this. The net keeps bugs out but does nothing for the skeeters that bite you through the bottom of the hammock. I use a cheap blue mat i picked up at walmart. I used it once with out the pad an woke up the next day with tons of bites on my back, legs, and butt.

That should work for stopping sketter bites but keep in mind from compressing the bag while in it the temp rating drop is dramatic. I was in a bag rated for 20 degrees on a 45 degree night and about froze from the wind. Its all trial and error but its a super comfy and fun way to camp.

Edited by speedytriple