So where's the Dick Dynasty thread?

Gump

The butt hurt...muuahaha ha.. Why's that Tim? Are you afraid to speak of some topics because people get so anal?

Woops gotta change the thread title.

Edited by Gump
  • Upvote 1

I choose to keep my thoughts to myself with this subject on here and FB to keep the butt hurt to a minimum..... maybe that was the wrong choice of words for this thread :D

That is just what the libtards want. That's like letting the terrorists win

Yea, when you talk about stuff like this people tend to get a bug up their ass about it.

But sexual orientation opinions should be no problem for the liberal media but somehow its a hush hush, you should use back door topic.

I see you Tonik :lol:

Everyone is ok with people being entitled to their opinions until they disagree with them...then suddenly it's not ok.

He can say whatever he feels and if you find it offensive, don't listen. People are so damn sensitive anymore.

• Upvote 1

Wait, isn't freedom of speech part of the constitution?  Oh we don't really follow that anymore and haven't for a very long time, that's right. 

Freedom of speech applies to the government. I can't come here on Casper's board and say anything I want. His board, his rules.  Same thing with A&E's TV channel, their channel their rules. Also consider this....if A&E was forced to let the Duck Dynasty guy say what ever he wants....doesn't that force A&E to change their message....doesn't that put restrictions on the message they want to send? If A&E wants to send the message that being gay is ok they should be allowed to ban Phil.

Phil can run around all day long and say what he wants. A&E is free to fire him if they want. It has to go both ways. (woo, i got another pun IN there). Wooo, that's two...on a roll.

• Upvote 4

I have no problem with what or how he said it.

He's a Christian and has the right to say what he wants just like the libtard's who get their dicks and pussies in a twist whenever someone says something non-PC and acceptable to their fucked up gay agenda. 

Fucking libtard speech nazi's - welcome to the New America.  

• Upvote 2

He's free from prosecution for what he says, but he's not immune to public backlash. If you say something that makes you unpopular and you're making a chunk of your income from advertising, advertisers are going to stop paying you to endorse their product.

Freedom of speech applies to the government. I can't come here on Casper's board and say anything I want. His board, his rules.  Same thing with A&E's TV channel, their channel their rules. Also consider this....if A&E was forced to let the Duck Dynasty guy say what ever he wants....doesn't that force A&E to change their message....doesn't that put restrictions on the message they want to send? If A&E wants to send the message that being gay is ok they should be allowed to ban Phil.

Phil can run around all day long and say what he wants. A&E is free to fire him if they want. It has to go both ways. (woo, i got another pun IN there). Wooo, that's two...on a roll.

This

Phil can run around all day long and say what he wants. A&E is free to fire him if they want. It has to go both ways. (woo, i got another pun IN there). Wooo, that's two...on a roll.I

Totally agree, I wasn't totally clear, just a quicky up top.  I meant in the public eye and all that jazz.  AE as you stated is private and they sure as shit can and should be able to do what they want.  I mean all the people firing off about him and flipping out in the public.  I agree with you 100% and actually that's probably what I wanted to say, but didn't. 

:santa3:

He's free from prosecution for what he says, but he's not immune to public backlash. If you say something that makes you unpopular and you're making a chunk of your income from advertising, advertisers are going to stop paying you to endorse their product.

This isn't going to make him unpopular.  Not at all.  In fact, it will make him an icon. 

What bugs me here is the use of the term bigotry that's being thrown around by a lot of folks.  By definition, bigotry is intolerance for someone of a different belief.  AKA: you must DISAGREE and be INTOLERANT.  From what I've read, this dude DISAGREES but has clearly said, ""I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me," he said. "We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity."  Thus there is no INTOLERANCE, at least none that we are aware of at this point.  A&E, however, has disagreed with his position and not tolerated it, thus they are, by definition, bigots.

Per Webster's Dictionary: "bigot:  a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially :  one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance" (emphasis mine)

I usually don't like to get involved in sociopolitical issues, but I'm getting sick of a society that sings, "TOLERANCE!" from the mountaintops then screams for the heads of anyone who disagrees with them.

As far as the racially-based comments, we're just hearing one dude's experience from a different time.  He said, ""I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once," he told GQ. "Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I'm with the blacks, because we're white trash. We're going across the field. ... They're singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, 'I tell you what: These doggone white people' -- not a word! "Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues," GQ quoted Robertson as saying.

So where does this response come from: "Mr. Robertson claims that, from what he saw, African Americans were happier under Jim Crow. What he didn't see were lynching and beatings of black men and women for attempting to vote or simply walking down the street," the letter states."  Dude never said life was better or that we should go back to that or that Jim Crow was right, or that lynchings and beatings didn't happen, just told what the life he grew up in was like.

Just like one day a decade from now, I'll say, "before gay marriage was legalized nationally, I knew gay people that were happy and had a great time and sang songs and danced" without meaning we should go back those times, or that they would be better off living back in that time.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/19/showbiz/duck-dynasty-suspension/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Edited by smashweights
  • Upvote 3

This isn't going to make him unpopular.  Not at all.  In fact, it will make him an icon. 

I guess we'll see...

I personally never watched the show, If i wanted to watch a bunch of rednecks screw around for an hour, I'd go visit my old high school in andover.

Despite Phil's strong words, however, he insists he's a Christian who doesn't condemn others — even if they are "sinners" in his mind.

"We never, ever judge someone on who's going to heaven, hell. That's the Almighty's job," he told the magazine. "We just love 'em, give 'em the good news about Jesus — whether they're homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort 'em out later, you see what I'm saying?"

Edited by magley64