U.S. sells all its GM shares taking $10B loss

Strictly Street

3.6 million is pennies compared to the tea party superpacs... and democrat superpacs support the establishment democrats, not the fringe which is so often the case with conservative superpacs, there wasn't a single OWS candidate on the ballot.

About that, kinda proves that the OWS isn't the same thing as the Tea Party after all. As you point out, not one candidate from them. They must be an extension of the Democratic party by your reasoning. Who's goal would be to a force of obstructionism.

Kinda makes sense.

Not the obstructionist part... The extremist part... OWS is extremely liberal... suggesting capitalism itself needs an overhaul...

In the words of Will Mcavoy, the tea party is the american taliban.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGAvwSp86hY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Not the obstructionist part... The extremist part... OWS is extremely liberal... suggesting capitalism itself needs an overhaul...

In the words of Will Mcavoy, the tea party is the american taliban.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGAvwSp86hY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Well that settles it then.

OWS didn't do those things either... individual members of that movement have done plenty, just as individual members of th tea party have done plenty...

Links to tea party members rioting, murdering raping and trying to blow up bridges please. And one of the bridge guys was very much OWS. He signed the lease to the warehouse in Cleveland OWS was using.

So if I prove that some member of the tea party has broken the law...then what?

I am not a supporter of either movement... I think both are extremist viewpoints.

The difference, in my mind, is that the republican party is bending over backwards frontwards and sideways to keep from being primaried by tea party candidates (what would appear to be the downside of gerrymandering). It's the reason I can no longer register as a republican, it's the reason I now have to second guess voting for representatives with R after their name. I had voted primarily republican for 8 years, now the party starts taking it's marching orders from extremists? Please...

I'd love to have my party back, but it's been hijacked by racist, homophobic, zealots who oppose all government.

Until the republicans grow their testicles back and stand up to these assholes, I'm gonna have to be a lot more careful about voting republican.

There is no OWS movement corrupting the democratic party. There are no OWS candidates, no OWS darlings, no OWS primaries, no OWS rebuttal to the democrat rebuttal of the state of the union...

the democratic party may be sympathetic to some of the causes that OWS is protesting, but they don't have to fear OWS hijacking the system and shutting down the government.

John Boehner gets some credit from me as of late, he did show some backbone against tea party bitching about the new budget deal...

Edited by magley64

I 100% agree with magley's #62 post and find myself in a similar situation. I heard a quote this weekend, "the Democratic Party tends to disempower its leftist extreme, while the GOP empowers their far right." That matches my observation to a Tea.

Then again, I'm a moderate who values compromise and progress with common causes. You know, everything an OWS and Tea Party member loathes, and for now at least, that thinking is more welcome in progressive circles than conservative ones.

Will the GOP be able to change that by asserting the value of governance? One hopes, but it's not looking good so far.

• Upvote 1

The fact that the values of the tea party are considered "far right" means we've pretty much lost the country. What is tea party is asking for is in reality quite a bit more moderate than most of the principles the US was founded on.

Wanting a public sector that comprises less than 40% of GDP is not a far right position, IMO...

I'm not sure you're accurately representing the goals of the TP. Either that or your esteemed representatives aren't. I have yet to hear a single TP spokesperson state definitively where they believe government begins.

To me, the constitutional fundamentalism projected by the TP sounds nice only until details are discussed.

The problem with the TP is that they were co-opt'ed very early on by the extremists....who were able to pull it off because the media was quick to report on what the extremists were saying since that sells papers/drives ratings. Much of the same happened to OWS.  But at least the TP extremists are not murderers, rapists, rioters and bridge blower uppers.

The problem with the TP is that they were co-opt'ed very early on by the extremists....who were able to pull it off because the media was quick to report on what the extremists were saying since that sells papers/drives ratings. Much of the same happened to OWS.  But at least the TP extremists are not murderers, rapists, rioters and bridge blower uppers.

well, not advertised as such, there are members of the tea party who have raped and murdered and rioted... just those murderers and rapists don't get their poltical views tied into their motives on news reports.

Not to mention, the large majority of OWS condemns those actions... along with the democratic party as a whole. When the tea party shuts down the government, the tea parties cheer or suggest it isn't enough, republicans applauded in fear of their seats, spun the coverage to call it a slimdown, or a breath of fresh air...

OWS was bad at publicity, the tea party is bad at governing.

well, not advertised as such, there are members of the tea party who have raped and murdered and rioted... just those murderers and rapists don't get their poltical views tied into their motives on news reports.

Again, provide links to Tea Party events where there have been murders, rapes and riots. Sure TP people break laws, we are talking about rapes in the OWS camps, murders in the OWS camps. We are talking about 10 or more rapes and at least 2 murders. And one almost blown up bridge by an OWS organizer.

Again, provide links to Tea Party events where there have been murders, rapes and riots. Sure TP people break laws, we are talking about rapes in the OWS camps, murders in the OWS camps. We are talking about 10 or more rapes and at least 2 murders. And one almost blown up bridge by an OWS organizer.

Not 1 blown up bridge... one attempted blown up bridge... to be clear... and nobody is saying any of that is okay... that's the difference...

TP cheers on their assholes, OWS condemns theirs...

Not 1 blown up bridge... one attempted blown up bridge... to be clear... and nobody is saying any of that is okay... that's the difference...

TP cheers on their assholes, OWS condemns theirs...

Casper must have broke the board again. Your links didn't come through.