3/8-3/10 Jenningw GP rolecall rideshare info

RHill

Attending????????  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Are you attending the 3/8-3/10 Jennings Track Day? If, which days?

• Nope, I'm a sad panda.
    • Yes, I'll be there all 3 days
    • Yes, Saturday(8th) and Sunday(9th)
    • Yes, Sunday (9th) and Monday(10th)
  2. 2. Do you have a ride planned? If no and there are limiting factors, choose the prefered dates.

• Yes, leaving friday returning monday
    • Yes, leaving friday returning monday night
    • Yes, leaving friday returning tuesday
    • Yes, leaving Saturday retunring monday night
    • Yes, leaving Saturday retunring tuesday
    • No,leaving friday returning monday
    • No, leaving friday returning monday night
    • No , leaving friday returning tuesday
    • No, leaving Saturday retunring monday night
    • No, leaving Saturday retunring tuesday

Post up if you are signed up and we can start figuring rides out. If you are on the fence because you are unsure of a ride, post up...make sure to mention days you want to do. If you are just unsure, make up your damn mind!

Im signed up for all 3 days. Right now it looks like Dan(jester) is hauling my bike and I'm driving down Friday and coming back monday night(late). He has space for at least 1 other bike and I could use some company for the ride ;) I'm fine with my bike going in the bed of his truck, so a spot in the trailer is open. IMO I think we could get one more in there as well.

Ron, I think your best option is to hook up with Dan to take care of the bike, then u and I can have some quality time on the way down.

Edited by RHill

Dan, since Tim is pretty much sticking with you I don't think it is necessary.

I put the poll in here just to make it pretty clear what is going on instead of having it intermingled with posts.  Might add more or edit it later if more options are needed.

I don't want to sound like the party-scrooge or mean to sound overly-cautious just be careful on telling a lot about your schedule on-line there are just too many opportunity feeders on-line looking for easy pickings........a lot of these thief rings work for bad boys out of Detroit, so just a friendly reminder don't invite them over when your not home for days they are very bold and don't play nice with others!!!!

I don't really see much of a difference between saying that you are going and posting a when you want to leave/return???  Now I wouldn't recommend posting a personal address as a meet spot in here....thats something that can be done with a text or call.  In any case, thanks for pointing that out Chuck.

I'm still interested in going, it's just a bit early yet. We are still 3 months away, a lot can change between now and then. I don't technically get my vacation for 2014 until Jan 1st so I couldn't even put in for this yet if I wanted. Be patient...

So much for all the interest in going to Jennings :bikefall:

Not sure how fast their normal track days fill up, I was a little paranoid after seeing those prized private days get taken up in a few weeks time....may have been a little over-motivated and tired of not having a date determined. But at least there isn't a chance of not having a spot, right?

Registered and paid for Sat, Sun and Mon.  I will need to get a spot in a trailer or truck for the bike.  My trailer option may fall through.  I can still drive my small SUV and haul people and gear.

Nice! That pretty much accounts for all the bike spots in Dan's truck/trailer unless we can perform magic and get another one squeezed in. Hopefully someone else with a truck/trailer signs up to open some more travel/organization options. i can use my open trailer if necessary.

I plan to sign up for Saturday and Sunday after the first of the year. Likely drive down Friday and return Monday. Not going to have the energy to ride 3 straight days.

Coming straight out of winter into 3 days is going to be rough, I'll probably end up running 2 days worth of sessions over 3 days.

I agree that it will be rough with 3 days but there is always the chance of rain for a day.

No there isn't, it is going to be a beautiful, hot and exhausting 3 days.

Edited by RHill

• 2 weeks later...

Signed up for expert all 3 days. Likely do the first session intermediate since I've never been there. Signed Kristi up for novice all 3 days. That's part of her Christmas present. Looking forward to it. Hope the weather is good. Signed up for all 3 to take the pressure off of riding every session. Won't mind I sitting one out to help Kristi or to rest.

You can only ride in the group you sign up for,also it's not good choice go advance if you never been there.that weekend few AMA teams do last practice before Daytona weekend.so the pace is faster and passes are more aggressive than normal track day.

I really want to attend the WERA event at Roebling  mid march. 

You sure you guys don't want to all switch to Feb 8-10?  It's sooner than March, therefore sooner until we ride.

I'm very excited to test out the 1199 after a bunch of mods this winter.

I'd love to meet up with you sometime.

Welp, just got back from my first trip to Jennings a few days ago.  It was a blast, and I really like the track!  Like everyone told me, it has really good grip but destroys tires.  They will make you start in Novice if you've never been there (no exceptions), which I thought was nuts but ended up being fine.  Got to really check out the track at a sloooow pace and then let it rip.  Bumped me up during the second session after the instructor and I were out there doing like 26's in Novice.  Ended up staying in Intermediate for the rest of both days.  Being that I drove down there myself and my tires were going off after the first day, I just wanted to take it somewhat easy and not have any pressure to go fast.  I'd probably feel comfortable riding in expert with a fresh set of tires in March.  I went down with a set of Pirelli's on the bike that already had two sprints and a mini 20 on them.  I think a fresh set would get you two days at Jennings with them starting to go off towards the end of the second day depending on speed.  If you're doing all three days you're definitely gonna need a second rear.  Rode around with a couple of WERA guys from Columbus and Nolan (there with his dad) from Motoseries.  Good times for sure.

Looking forward to the March trip!