Nut job religious right wing politicians...

Tonik

There isn't anything the NSA isn't looking at right now. It is off the charts.

We can certainly agree there. And it's just as intense on the commercial side - Google especially. I think most people are just hoping that their abuse of that power is limited, at least to "other people".

• Upvote 1

We can certainly agree there. And it's just as intense on the commercial side - Google especially. I think most people are just hoping that their abuse of that power is limited, at least to "other people".

I can opt out of Google's spying by not using their products...and still stay on the internets. The same can't be said of the NSA. Can't even move to Canada to opt out the NSA spying.

I can opt out of Google's spying by not using their products...and still stay on the internets. The same can't be said of the NSA. Can't even move to Canada to opt out the NSA spying.

Anyone you do corporate or personal business with (or through) using GMail or Hotmail (free or paid) provides Google and Microsoft the opportunity to correlate behavior. This is also true of Amazon, eBay and Paypal. So while you're right that you can opt out of corporate spying, it's impractical for most people.