New state law says any vehicle with a hidden compartment is illegal

ohiomike

LoL @ butthurt. I have a perfect driving record and I've never been arrested. When I'm not on my motorcycle, I'm pretty much a model citizen. I'm not sure what actually takes place when I straddle my bike, but I can assure you that I'm anything but law-abiding at that point. :)

That wasn't directed at you personally.  No hard feelings, lol.

I just hear many people that sound like they WANT selective enforcement of laws, from the cops they hate so much.

• Upvote 1

I'd be all for hard drug legalization if it didn't affect children. I could give a shit what dick and Jane junkie do with their bodies but their use affects their children and that's fucked up.

Legalizing won't affect Dick or Jane junkie as they are already hopped up on meth.. What it will do is make room in the prisons for violent offenders...

I understand this mag and I know that legalization probably won't result in more widespread use. The fact remains that hard drugs ruin the lives of innocent children. I'm all for a revamp of the laws, a switch from criminalization to getting addicts the help they need. It's a health issue, not a law enforcement issue.

I understand this mag and I know that legalization probably won't result in more widespread use. The fact remains that hard drugs ruin the lives of innocent children. I'm all for a revamp of the laws, a switch from criminalization to getting addicts the help they need. It's a health issue, not a law enforcement issue.

Guns end the lives of innocent children, but those are legal...

Why are people so anti-police?  They enforce the laws, not write them.

I work with law enforcement officers on a daily basis.  I like 99% of them.  That doesn't mean that I am not displeased when they do poor police work by infringing upon people's rights and getting evidence suppressed.

I have said it a million times:  Police officers have a hard job, and they are not expected to work without occasional mistakes.  What I find irritating is when they say "I do this all the time" as if the frequency with which they violate people's civil rights makes it less egregious.  We had an officer call our office yesterday after one of my coworkers refused to charge a suspect because the premise for the search and arrest was baseless.  She explained to him why our case would have fallen apart, and his response was to say, "well I've done that before, and I'll do it again."  Great.  Thanks.  Way to learn from your mistakes.

I work with law enforcement officers on a daily basis.  I like 99% of them.  That doesn't mean that I am not displeased when they do poor police work by infringing upon people's rights and getting evidence suppressed.

I have said it a million times:  Police officers have a hard job, and they are not expected to work without occasional mistakes.  What I find irritating is when they say "I do this all the time" as if the frequency with which they violate people's civil rights makes it less egregious.  We had an officer call our office yesterday after one of my coworkers refused to charge a suspect because the premise for the search and arrest was baseless.  She explained to him why our case would have fallen apart, and his response was to say, "well I've done that before, and I'll do it again."  Great.  Thanks.  Way to learn from your mistakes.

Good point.

We already have intoxication laws and impaired driving laws. That has nothing to do with legalization of drugs. I'm not advocating, but I'd rather contend with stoned drivers than drunk drivers. I'd rather not contend with either, but no law will prevent that.

I agree