2014 Gap trip

Hutch

There is no camping, but there are plenty of rooms at the Tuskeegee motel just down the road. It's my favorite place to stay when I'm down in the area. There is gas on site and a small convenience store. They have wi fi and cable. No alcohol sold there though. Rooms are cheap too.

Www.tuskeegeemotel.com

That's right next to the cabin I was talking about maybe a mile away Edited by 2talltim

Tuskeegee is a bad idea. It's not the place to throw a party. The typical guest prefers quiet and it's too small to separate noise from sleep. Trust me.

There is some truth to that, however my thought behind that was just to rent the whole place out...I believe the group is big enough to do that.

On that note and with more thought, there is no firepit nor some of the other amenities this group typically prefers. It is a good location, but maybe not the best location. Though a good fallback if nothing else was working out.

.... Also, it can no way house all of OhioRiders. If as many show this year as last, they're won't be enough rooms....

They only have about 15 rooms and only one of those has more than 2 beds in it. No way the Crisps would put up with any noise after dark , either.

I'm in and will stay in Alcoa at a hotel like I did last year. But will be there bright and early for riding.

Had a good time last year (my first trip to the Gap) and I plan on making it again this year.

Fontana was fine for me, but my a/c worked and the refridgerator kept my beer cold. Give me a place to pass out at night and somewhere to cook bacon in the morning and I'll be happy. Wherever the group/organizers decide to stay will be fine by me.

• Upvote 1

A fire pit is a must-have. Fontana has gotten worse every year that we've stayed there. If we go back this year, there might not be any roofs on the cabins.

I think what we're looking for is a resort that we can take over and have the whole thing to ourselves. No more competing for fire pits etc.

I didn't like Fontana but I will say this. My wife had red bumps on her legs when we got back. I didn't have any and neither did out cabin mates. Anyways, I called them and their manager put said she would take the cabin off their available units and have a pest control company come look at it. After a few days, my wife's bumps went away and we chalked it up as a mild water irritation. Well, 1 month later, I got a call from them saying the cabin had come up clean and they apologized for any issues as a result of them. Now, that's pretty good customer care if in fact they kept it unavailable till after the specimen samples came back negative. A month is a long time... But with what happened to Casper and his cabin, I say screw it...

People who sit by a fire complaining about lack of AC make me giggle

Cabin being 80 plus degrees in the middle if the day and 90 % humidity at night when you get back from a ride didn't make me giggle. I'll admit this year it wasn't as hot as previous years but if it would have been it would have really sucked Edited by 2talltim

Punkin Center is a little rougher the cabins have AC, the owners are cool. A few years ago Jody the owner told us we dont give a fuck how you entertain yourselfs, just drag all the bodies up in the woods by sunup. And they have beer.

• Upvote 1