Gun nuts get in here I need some opinions.

Kmanlyst

So my dads birthday will be coming up in March. I know its a bit of a way off but he has been looking for a new rifle and has mentioned he would love a Heclker & Koch. I have one in mind the MR762A1 with the LR package. Question I have is anyone ever use one or know of anyone that has. I just want to make sure that I am dropping money on something that is worth it. I can read reviews all day on the internet but I would rather have the opinion from people I know.

Your going to pay for it but yes it is worth the extra.  Great accuracy out of the box, huge aftermarket (think remington big), lightweight, solid construction, and its just nice to say you have a H&K.  Wasn't overly thrilled with the trigger on the one I shot but that is a simple fix

Figure it's worth it for him. He had been going through a lot of shit with my sister leeching off of him and hitting the big 57 and like I said he has always wanted a H&K. Can't take the money with me when if I die ,so figured I'd make some smiles.

• Upvote 3

Lol I'll keep that in mind. Hell our neighbour is down on her luck and her son always comes over to play Xbox and get help with his jomework went and bought him a Xbox slim from gamestop and a few games of his choice....damn near thought i just bought him an exotic car, kid wouldn't stop hugging me to breathe.

HK makes some great guns, but are you sure you want to blow that much cash on a new AR? Its like buying a new car, you fire one round out of that gun and how much value does it lose?

My opinion, Buy him an heirloom gun, spend your money on something that will always be worth what you paid, especially if you're willing to spend that kind of dough. Find a nice Gen 1 single action army, or a Sharps rifle, maybe even an HK91 or a Belgium made FAL. Even an original 1903 with a unertl scope is a better buy than a brand new in the box HK, and he'd be able to actually use/enjoy those guns without worrying about destroying their worth just because he's shot a few rounds through it.

Something to consider.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hk rifles are insanely priced... And the package he ordered is almost twice as much as the standard configuration for that rifle... So I guess a large chunk was still used for optics since it comes with a leupold scope

HK are awesome for sure, but a custom AR can have the best of everything and STILL be much cheaper than that.