Proof there is a God.

Tonik

As someone who works for the largest processor of payroll deductions (including health care deductions) in the US...my vote is for 'worse.' 

Okay, what would be your opinion were you someone drowning in medical bills that you couldn't pay because you were ineligible for insurance?

Okay, what would be your opinion were you someone drowning in medical bills that you couldn't pay because you were ineligible for insurance?

I'll do you one better. I'll give you the opinion of someone drowning in medical bills and is in the process of fighting being dropped from their platinum plan. It's definitely worse

Also as someone who works closely with a Health Care provider they as a company see it as "worse"

Overall, it does way more harm than good

The article shows that it's OK for democrats to admit that the ACA is flawed.  It's even OK for Democrats who call themselves Libertarians.

I've already said it's not perfect, it's based on Romneycare which is an unhappy marriage of a "free market solution" to a "government mandate"

but it's better than letting the insurance companies write their own rules and fuck anyone who doesn't help their bottom line...

Edited by magley64

The article shows that it's OK for democrats to admit that the ACA is flawed. It's even OK for Democrats who call themselves Libertarians.

I personally have no doubt that it's flawed, but near-complete GOP non-participation in its formulation and implementation as a political strategy hasn't done America any good either.

• Upvote 4

it's better than letting the insurance companies write their own rules and fuck anyone who doesn't help their bottom line...

Your right because now it's the government fucking the public and the insurance companies still have profits that will grow faster than the national dept.   I can see how this is so much better for the country.  :dudecomeon:

• Upvote 1

You mean like the 6 million or so people that just got cancellation notices?

Here is where I say "what goes up, must come down".

Currently Democrats are not in favor of ObamaCare by a 2 to 1 ratio. Remainder undecided.

Among Republicans, well, you know... something like 95%+ against.

Congress is currently drafting revisions to correct. Good luck to them, even with decent bipartisan support.

Attempts will be made to allow people to "keep their existing", not pay penalties for the first year, extend enrollment periods, etc.

Fancy footwork quickly being applied, this will effect votes in the next elections.

Worst news recently, is that several top-of-the-line hospitals (as well as many others) have discovered that they can only accept one or two or three insurance companies, per ObamaCare. They are furious, and litigation is expected.

edit: Yes, if you are a Democrat and support ObamaCare, you are currently in a serious minority. Every which way you want to measure it.

Edited by ReconRat
  • Upvote 1

You mean like the 6 million or so people that just got cancellation notices?

So their "current" plan got cancelled... boo hoo

It's not like they can't buy a comparable plan before the cancellation takes effect. It's not like the insurance company said "sorry, you're fucked, we refuse to insure you because you're already sick"

It's not like they can't buy a comparable plan before the cancellation takes effect. It's not like the insurance company said "sorry, you're fucked, we refuse to insure you because you're already sick"

No. There are no comparable plans. That's not how it works. There is "before" and "after". From now on, everything costs more. It has to, to pay for the overall cost of universal health care. It already has, will continue, and will increase. On top of what was steady increases anyway. It's not magic, some one somewhere has to pay for it, and it can't be done with just "young people who never bought insurance before". Call it sticker shock, it is the reality of what it is. The odd part is so many people that honestly thought it was free, or cheaper, or the same. Better or not isn't an issue yet, that plays out later, when it's seen whether it is truly better care or not.

Personally I think the next effect will be a middle class panic about cash flow. Resulting in a drop in consumer spending. Expect a slowdown in GNP and a drop in the stock market, which is peaking anyway. Possibly another mini "recession".

• Upvote 1

I have a theory.

A theory that explains this giant mess all to well.

Obamacare was fucked up on purpose. They purposely wrote a bad law.

They did this to prove,

Well to prove the only solution, is not the old way, not the current way, but the next way

The next way of SINGLE PAYER....

If you have your health ID card you get treatment. Then we are all fucked.

And the old way really wasn't that bad. If you got sick and needed $100,000 dollar surgery NO ABSOLUTELY NO doctor or hospital could refuse treatment. And when you can't pay the bill you simply call up the hospital and ask for easy payment terms of $20 dollars a month and they would take what they could get.

You Obamacare leg jumpers do realize most hospitals are non profit right?

• Upvote 1

Well since were all throwing anecdotes around...

My employers insurance recently went up..by 7%.

This is the smallest increase in a year that our benefits manager has ever seen. She was worried, she was riding the doom and gloom train pretty hard. They got a better rate than they would have...

That's not all, single people are saving $20 a month because the individual contribution actually decreased by $5 per paycheck.

Same here, corporate group plans have been good and managed to maintain some sanity. What didn't get mentioned is that although the cost changed little, a number of other changes were introduced to maintain a profit. Those will cost the individual in a variety of ways. Again, some will gain from those changes, and some will lose. Mostly lose.

Did you read the article at the start of this thread and see what the people in it are having to change too?

Did you read the article at the start of this thread and see what the people in it are having to change too?

Yes, I read the article, yes it sucks for them, but they still can get insurance. 

It will cost them a bit more because of their high income (oh the problems of some people).