Taking the Irish westward....

Earache

Stumbled into Mark Miller's Coyote Cafe Rooftop for a aperitif...

IMG_4248_zpsb3d1e369.jpg

IMG_4249_zps0bf0ba58.jpg

But wisely stayed away from the rum, brown sugar mixture that's made by burying it in the desert for a week. Stuff is just plain nasty...

IMG_4246_zps93f19869.jpg

Can't remember if Casper or ShittyGsxr tried this vile concoction when we were at this bar a few years back. I tasted it once - never again. 

Ouch.

Good pics otherwise. Is this the guy we're doing the offroad trip out to CO with next year? 

No - Mark isn't an off roader at all (not on purpose anyway). That'd be my bud from Chicago; Neil.

We stayed at one of the lodges in the Park this time. Headed out for dinner, but this was far as we got...

IMG_4307_zps26b5336e.jpg

IMG_4308_zps0e892cec.jpg

Met an older couple from Australia at the bar and spent a couple of hours talking to them. Was the highlight of the Canyon portion of the trip.... maybe not for them, but I enjoyed it.

But we found a loaf of bread ,some turkey and cheese slices at the gas station and all was right with the World...

IMG_4313_zps24b1e93e.jpg

busted out the Leatherman and had some sammiches in the room...

IMG_4314_zps495c96af.jpg

IMG_4315_zps3381dfa6.jpg

Rolled into our hotel late. Hot, sweaty and tired so we had a beer at the place across the parking lot and bagged it for the day.

IMG_4391_zps8e97bd84.jpg

IMG_4395_zps2f535992.jpg

Mark saw 106F today - a new personal high record that he isn't interested in breaking anytime soon.