Taking the Irish westward....

Earache

After Ouray, we humped it into Vail for our last night in Colorado.

We rode through the storms that flooded out Denver last month, so I didn't get my camera out for one picture. Spent the next three days riding in heavy rain and 50 mph winds across Colorado and Kansas.

I wouldn't wanna say it sucked but it sucked.

Made it back to Indy the night before Mark had to fly home. He had a great time on his first visit to the US and I had a great time riding with him and showing him around. Can't wait until next year to do it all again. And Again, etc.

• Upvote 1

Great report!  Thanks for sharing.

Thanks - glad ya liked it.

So how many total days and miles was this? Looked completely epic other than the rain!

It was 11 days, 5,300 miles. We were going to do Bonneville Salt Flats as well, but the other guy was getting kinda burned out from all of the heat issues he was having. So we cut it short and went back into the Colorado mountains to cool down..... then the rain caught us.

I do pretty much this same trip 2-3 times each summer. if anyone ever wants to tag along, feel welcome to do so.

Like I said, Casper and ShittyGixer went with me one year - I think they had fun.