What will your next bike be?

Tpoppa

The CBR is probably my last 'young guy' bike.  Pretty sure my next bike will be a ST with the focus on 'sport,' or a naked bike with some hard bags.

I am really liking the 2013 Street Triple R & 2014 Ninja 1000.  I think I should test ride a VFR1200 before I cross it off my list.  Also, really hoping for a FJR-09 based on the new 850cc Triple. 

I'm probably a decade out from buying another bike. The XX does the switch from sport to touring well enough for my needs now. When it comes time to do some massive touring I'll probably Darkside an 1800 Goldwing.

If the XX doesn't last, and I need another similar bike, I'm thinking BMW k1600gt or K1300S

2011-BMW-K1600-red.jpg

Edited by magley64

The CBR is probably my last 'young guy' bike.  :lol:

I like your choices

I like the FZ9, of course there are several others that I would like to own, but the FZ9 just makes the most since to me right now.

I am feeling good about what I currently own right now, but the Winter months are usually long, so who knows if that thought will change by Spring time?

my next bike.... if i dont track the 300 it will be a track bike (think i may stick with the 300 or a 600). If I track the 300 it will be either another 300 or the ZX-6. i am not ready to even think about an old woman bike...ever!

• Upvote 1

I like the FZ9, of course there are several others that I would like to own, but the FZ9 just makes the most since to me right now.

I like the FZ09 platform a lot.  I hope Yamaha builds a few other versions like an FZ09R and a mid size sport tourer.

I like the following bikes, in no particular order...

BMW 800GT

Triumph 800XC

Triumph Explorer 1200

KTM 990 Adventure

There are others, but this is my short list. :)

Quite a down grade in hp from your Duc. Sure you can handle it :)

I really want to get a small (250-400cc) dual-sport or supermoto. Would not be a replacement for the Strom but rather a complement :)

Craig

Edited by CBBaron

The CBR is probably my last 'young guy' bike.  Pretty sure my next bike will be a ST with the focus on 'sport,' or a naked bike with some hard bags.

I am really liking the 2013 Street Triple R & 2014 Ninja 1000.  I think I should test ride a VFR1200 before I cross it off my list.  Also, really hoping for a FJR-09 based on the new 850cc Triple. 

I met a guy who was 70+ years old.  He was coming back from a 700+ mile "trip" on a 1198.  His wife was on a monster 696.   You're as young as you feel.

For me, my street bike is on deck to be my track bike.  So when the 50th R1 gets mangled beyond repair on the track, then my '11 R1 will take over.  So if Yami ever gets their crap together and updates the R1, then it will most likely be that.  However, I'd take a look at a S1000RR also.  

If my 50th is going strong and I could add a third bike to the stable it would be Diavel.

I met a guy who was 70+ years old.  He was coming back from a 700+ mile "trip" on a 1198.  His wife was on a monster 696.   You're as young as you feel.

I rode 470 miles on the CBR on Saturday so I'm not ready to hang it up just yet :)

I'm also planning a grom, or some other little runabout for town runs.

Those do look fun - I have a 1976 Honda CB125S for the same.  Parking is as easy as landing a bicycle, plus it's a great companion to my GF growing confidence on her 125cc scoot.

I'll be investing in a cheap trackwhore, keep the 14 but mod it some more, and probably add a Connie. Trackbike may happen soon, but the rest of this will happen after we relocate to a country home with 2 garages.